A little disappointed today

Thread: A little disappointed today

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultA little disappointed today

We were doing an extra leg in Rally Novice A (got our title last week). We got an 87 and fourth place. I* popped her collar after we got in the ring but before we started - big no - no. Then the judge said our collar was on wrong - can't believe I did that - and we had to leave the ring and put in on correctily (how embarassing). After our bad start we did well, but got 10 points off the "down, walk around" (going to be our nemisis station - second time I lost all points on it). I walked around her, stopped and right before I said heel she started to get up - we just went on and lost all points. I saw her start to raise up just about the time I said heel. I thought it would be Ok, but should have done it over. Judge also took 3 points here and there for "poor sits" - not completely straight. This judge was* a little tougher scorer than we have had before. Everyone watching always thinks Emilu does really well because she is flashy, smiling and prancing along while watching me the whole time. Now we just have to work on calming her down a little* * My sister went with me and we really enjoyed watching all the different dogs again. We also got to see Susan and Caleb, but couldn't watch them because we had to leave before they showed. Also got to see a friend from my obedience class - her GSD got first place in her Open class. So I was a little disappointed in our score (how quickly we go from "I just want to get a leg", to "I want to score really well and place!"), but had a great day anyways.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: A little disappointed today

Sorry you were disappointed but glad you had a good day

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Hang in there .............. I like to remember to always take something positive out of the ring with Kona and I .......... like "the last front was perfect" or "Kona didn't kill the dumbbell this time" or we didn't NQ on the drop on recall (one of our sticky exercises). As long as my dog and I have fun I try not to obsess about the scores. I call Kona the clown of the obedience ring!! ;D
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by patm
    (how quickly we go from "I just want to get a leg", to "I want to score really well and place!"),
    LOL! Hey, I had to repeat the moving stand cause someone's nose was glued to the floor!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

I had to redo a down walk around dog because I said down as we heeled up to the exercise If only I had just said sit first or just stopped walking and kept my mouth shut she would have automatically sat first and THEN I could have said Down.
    I think Rally was invented to keep us handlers humble.
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Pat, read my Grinning Ear to Ear post.* I tell how the instructor helped me today with Buddy's forging.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Aw, I know how you feel. But it sounds like a good day, just a tougher judge. Fourth place is definitely not shabby!!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by patm
    Judge also took 3 points here and there for "poor sits" - not completely straight. This judge was* a little tougher scorer than we have had before.
    Exactly how far out of position was she?* 3 points is excessive.* A crooked sit is usually scored as 1 point unless the dog is perpindicular to you.

Don't worry about the brain fade at the beginning.* I think just about everyone showing has a story.* My own personal story was doing sits/downs in ASCA (they are done first before the individuals thankfully) for our 3rd CD leg (where I had just driven 2 1/2 hrs to get to the last show of the season). I sat Murray, walked across the ring and turned to face him.* I was immediately blinded by something shining in my eyes.* It was his %&$*@ dog tag.* I know my eyes must have popped out of my head.* I had forgotten to switch to his show collar before going in the ring.* My heart sunk. We made the drive for nothing. I returned to him and we did the down. When that was over, I hurried him out of the ring and switched collars so we could do our individuals.* We ended up Qing because the judge never saw the tags.* Whew.* A learning experience I'll never forget that's for sure.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

I know, it's tough....at least you had your title already, and even if you didn't, you would have Q'd none-the-less. But I totally know how you feel, my second run through I got an 86 due to stupid mistakes on my part.....the other 2 times were 100's. Hey, and an 87 being 4th is great! I had a 100 on my last leg and got 4th....now that's tough competition...I thought I had 1st in the bag, and then by the end of the class I was beat by 3 dogs with better times.