Versatility Certificate

Thread: Versatility Certificate

Tanya is offline Senior Member

DefaultVersatility Certificate

I was looking into a new training facility (with everything from basic obedience to all sports such as Rally-O, Agility, Jooring) and they mention a new VERSATILITY CERTIFICATE.

Has anyone else ever heard of such a thing?

I have to say I'm in LOVE with this facility. I can see myself spending ALOT of money and time on classes there!
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Versatility Certificate

well AKC offers a VCD(Versitle Companion Dog) title. A VCD1 is a Novice Obedience title (CD) , a Novice Agility and Novice agility Jumpers, and a tracking dog (TD) title. You can get a VCD 2 by getting the open titles and TDX. A VCD 3 and a VCD 4 are just the next levels up. The top level is a VCCH (Versitle Companion Championship) you need to get an OTCH(Obedience trial Championship) a MACH(Masters Agility Championship) and a CT(Champion Tracker).

Kelly G and Amber RN CGC
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

canUdigIt is offline Senior Member

Yes, we have a VCD1 in our obedience class, it is a English Cocker Spaniel, and it is evil LOL

But something to work for!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Wow! work for is the word - one has to stay on top of things to acheive all of that! But I'm glad I at least know about this now

Once I have a car I will do more activities with Rocky, for now Flyball will have to do (as well as obedience here and there).

There must not be too many VCCH's!!! Now there are dogs that have proven themselves!!

Thank you!

I don't think there is a dog with a VCCH yet. I think there was only 2 or 3 dogs with VCD 4's. That is my ultimate training goal right now to be first to get a VCCh. I picked out my lab with this in mind 15 months ago. I haven't started training tracking yet but the others are going well.
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

My goal with Murray is a Versatility title. I don't know how far we'll go (but VCCH isn't even on the radar since he's neutered. ). It will depend on how old he is as we progress I guess.

He's 5 now and has a CDX, and 2/3 of the legs required for the Novice Standard and Novice JWW titles. I'm holding off on the tracking training until we finish with agility.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

I just can't imagine finding time for all that! I will be deeply satisfied if Angus gets his CD and some Rally titles. For now, I would like a Rally Novice title. ;D

It would be something neat to shoot for, though.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

neutering shouldn't affect his ability to get a VCCH unless it just slows him down for agility or something...You don't need a confermation title for a VCCH. Realistically I don't know if I can even do tracking never trained for it before but I do have a plan. Obedience and Agility for now and after we get started in Utility we will start tracking then. Hopefully we will be going through agility trials by then. I am not a professional so me even being able to achieve a VCCH is very much in doubt. Heck a VCD1 would be doing good for us. the only thing I have going is that I believe in myself and my dog. Maybe my dog more than myself..lol

Kelly G and Amber RN CGC

Quote Originally Posted by Kzunell
    neutering shouldn't affect his ability to get a VCCH unless it just slows him down for agility or something...You don't need a confermation title for a VCCH. Realistically I don't know if I can even do tracking never trained for it before but I do have a plan. Obedience and Agility for now and after we get started in Utility we will start tracking then. Hopefully we will be going through agility trials by then. I am not a professional so me even being able to achieve a VCCH is very much in doubt. Heck a VCD1 would be doing good for us. the only thing I have going is that I believe in myself and my dog. Maybe my dog more than myself..lol

Kelly G and Amber RN CGC
    What is Utility?