Rally class is going to make and I'm hooked!

Thread: Rally class is going to make and I'm hooked!

SamIAm is offline Senior Member

DefaultRally class is going to make and I'm hooked!

We just finished an Obedience II class, and the instructor has decided to continue on with a beginner Rally class. I'm excited! I was hoping she would decide to go ahead with it. The class will be small, 4 maybe 5 dogs.
    We did a practice course last night. The signs were what I think of as the easy ones. Halt, sit, down. Walk around your dog. Several circles of various kinds. Weaving through traffic cones. Some kind of spiral thing thru cones.
    Anyway, it was fun and Sam did well. She "scored" us, altho I don't think she was a tough as a real judge would have been. We made a 95. She said I lost points for a tight leash and jerking him once. i don't remember doing that, but I'm sure I did!
    And I realize that what we did last night was in no way equivalent to being in a real ring with smells, distractions etc. But i think I'm going to like it. We may actually try to get the novice title!

Frances

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Rally class is going to make and I'm hooked!

Sounds like you are hooked...Have fun

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

The class sounds like fun! And if that was a real course, you would have Q'd! Good luck taking it, we expect to hear good things!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Sounds like fun!
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

Rally is way easier if you have trained for obedience. the judges seem to be easier than in obedience too.
    below is a link to the rules and proposed rule changes AND all the directions for all the signs PLUS all the non-regular signs and non-regular classes.

http://www.akc.org/pdfs/events/rally...anges_0806.pdf

ohh and doing rally really makes your obedience alot better and also a bit less stressful.

Kelly G And Amber RN CGC
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

patm is offline Senior Member

You'll love Rally! Emilu and I are training in advanced obedience, but not quite ready to compete at that level yet. I wanted to do something, so I started competing in Rally. We only practiced by ourselves for it because they don't do it at my training place (they do it occassionally for the beginners obedience classes, but not us) We got our Rally Novice title in 3 shows. I highly recommend the book "Rally Obediecne" by Charles L Kramer. It goes through all the stations, tells you how to do them, how they will be judged, etc. I also got the official AKC sign booklet and show pamphlet, and ran off a full sized copy of all the signs (also got some nifty orange cones and Walmart) After watching a lot of dogs compete in Rally, I think that the people whos dogs are already doing obedience probably do better. I never have to jerk on Emilu's leash because she knows the commands, and the fact that I can talk to her just makes it that much easier. I have it drilled in my head "loose leash, loose leash". Have fun!