Questions about Reps and Supers and Secrataries

Thread: Questions about Reps and Supers and Secrataries

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

DefaultQuestions about Reps and Supers and Secrataries

What are the jobs and duties of the Akc reps, Show Superintendants, and Show Secrateries and Trial Secrataries? Who are these people and are they club members or others? I guess I am just currious about the show structure and politics? I hope my question isn't to lame..

Thanks

Kelly G and Amber RN CGC
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Questions about Reps and Supers and Secrataries

AKC Reps are officials from AKC that generally show up at shows to be sure things are going according to AKC rules, etc. They are also there to observe the AKC Judges, and they settle disputes if they arise.

Show Superindendants are generally the people who set up the show. Today most of these are professional "companies" such as Jack Onofrio or MB-F... they do most all of the AKC shows in this country. They will actually set up rings, provide equipment, etc.

Show/Trial Secretaries are the folks who handle the entry forms, official judging forms, etc. Sometime the Show Superindendants do this task. Generally show or trial secretaries are club members, but not always. Most agility trials around me have "professional" secretaries... these ladies handle all entries and paperwork for the club that is putting on the shows/trial. I think agility trials generally hire "professional" secretaries, whereas All Breed and Obedience shows hire the Superindendants.

Someone else can chime in on this one ....

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

You will find a trial/show secretary mostly in agility and obedience trials. Most of the obedience clubs in my area super their own shows--saves them money.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

I know through my involvement with the LRCSC, we've had a hunt secretary who does all the paperwork for the test, and it's always a member of the club. The obedience events are normally chaired by a club member, but the paperwork is handled through the superintendent because it's wrapped up with the specialty.

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

So if i have a question the rep or a judge would be the one to ask though a secretary or superintendant would probably know too.
    and thank you for the info.
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

If you have a question about showing, or what you are supposed to do, ask the judge or ring stewards. The Reps are pretty much there to mediate any problems and to observe the judges judging.