2nd Advanced A Rally Show And big confussion

Thread: 2nd Advanced A Rally Show And big confussion

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

Default2nd Advanced A Rally Show And big confussion

Well we got our second leg today in Advanced A Rally it was really confusing though because I though I was NQ'd when I ran the course. Amber and I did a Halt-side step right-halt and then I said "Heel" and too off for the 270 left turn straight ahead. Amber spied the High Jump we had already done just forward and to the left of us and Launched herself straight over it as soon as I said heel. I thought dang this is an NQ. but kept going and finished the course. I went and hung out by the scoreboard to see the NQ come up just to make sure. They posted an 89!!!!I thought way cool we at least Q'ed. After allthe other dogs had run I was in Second place!!! I went in the ring for the awards and they gave second place to the person who had a higher score than me. And then called my name with a 97 score. I immediately protested that I had an 89 and should have second place. The judge said that it was correct and he would explain in a minute. Turns out an AKC Rep was watching and explained to the judge that I had successfully completed the obstacles and that my dog going over the jump the second time backwards was a heel out of position and not a improperly performed station. So I lost a pt for heeling wide and forging when she took the jump. She then came right back to heel position and was fine for the rest of the course. I was lucky the AKC Rep was watching. I felt really bad for the person that had first place on the scoreboard and then had it yanked out from under her during the awards.
    Below is the course numbers.

1-4-6-45-6-34-29-40-10-27-8-38-36-41-2

Kelly and Amber RN CGC ???
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: 2nd Advanced A Rally Show And big confussion

Congrats on the q and 1st place..

patm is offline Senior Member

Well - first I'll congradulate you! Way to go! Even in my short time with Rally , I can tell that all judges aren't in agreement on how they judge different things. It seems that as long as you attempt and do some sort of completion at a station, you will pass it (unless YOU do something stupid - they seem more forgiving about the dogs) That does seems kinda wild, and I'm sure the "original first place person" was a little dissppointed, but hey - you can't argue with the AKC rep :P

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Congrats. What a lucky turn of events. Bummer for the other person, but you earned the right score, so there you go! Good luck! You are almost off to your next title.

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Congrats! I too would have wondered how that should have been scored but like patm said "you can't argue with the AKC rep" ;D
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

SamIAm is offline Senior Member

Since I am just starting to learn some of this, I was totally lost! But it sounds like it worked out well for you......CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Frances

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

I too am pretty new at all of this stuff. I didn't know what an AKC rep was or what they do?!?!?! I only met a rep for the first time that show because I asked someone a question about when you had to change from A to B and they told me to go ask the AKC rep. Now I just have to figure out what a show superintendant does and what a show secratery is and probably a bunch of other things. I am not even ready to attempt figuring out BOB BOS or how conformation works. Heck I just found out I was an Exhibitor a few weeks ago( thought I was just a dog owner till then...).

Thanks for everyones support

Kelly and Amber RN CGC
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />