1st Fall Agility Trial***Update

Thread: 1st Fall Agility Trial***Update

imported_agilitymom is offline Senior Member

Default1st Fall Agility Trial***Update

We have not competed since May.* Started taking another advanced class a couple of weeks ago.* We started with a jumper's course.* Maddie was so distractable.* She hit the first jump.* She almost never hits jumps and that just set the tone for the whole run.* She was not paying attention and I figured well I payed thirty dollars it will be good weave pole practice.* As we got to the weaves she missed the entrance and then proceeded in at a good clip until she saw the kid in the ring who sets the bars who was rocking back and forth on his chair.* She pulled out at weave pole eleven.* Boy was I frustrated.* My husband later told me only three dogs out of all the classes qualified and that the first bar was mistakenly set to 26 and not 24 inches.* Oh well.
    Run number two.* Who is this dog.* Focused and determined.* My Maddie is back.* She kicked butt.* She did not fall for the tunnel trap and hit the weave pole entrance and all twelve weaves no problem.* We finished with a clean run 10 seconds under time.* We took first place and earned our open title.* Tomorrow we try our first excellent course and try for a leg in jumpers so that we can move to excellent.* Keep us in your thoughts and wish us luck

UPDATE: Maddie and I had fun in our first excellent standard run. I was very difficult but we learned alot. Our second run happened 10 minutes after our first and Maddie took first place with a clean run. She beat all the border collie and aussies times at 28 seconds. She now has both open titles-jumpers and standard. We completed both novice and open titles in a year. This trial marked the year anniversery of our first agility trial. I am so proud of my girl. She got a double cheeseburger with no onions for her reward.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: 1st Fall Agility Trial

wowww congrats on the title...hope tomorrow goes well too

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: 1st Fall Agility Trial***Update

WooHoo, nice job. How does it feel running with the "big dogs" in the Excellent ring? We joke around here and say that to run in Excellent you have to were some kind of bandage or brace (it seems all the top level competitors are braced or bandaged up... the agony of defeat syndrome

Any pictures from the trial???

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: 1st Fall Agility Trial***Update

wooohooo...congrats again