Just Labradors banner

Best Dog Training in Akron?

967 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  ObedienceLabs4Me 
#1 ·
One of the local TV stations is doing a thing that rates the best of everything in our area. I finally listed my training center in it. Get this--the one that is winning thus far is the training guy who uses e-collars as his primary training collar. Anyway, we'll see what happens. We have until early May for the voting. Should be interesting.

http://fox8.cityvoter.com/contests/best-of-the-akron-canton-hot-list/4651/pets/training

#3 ·
E-collar training doesn't have to be brutal. ;) I'm sure you know that, so I'm assuming the person you're referring to is not a fair trainer. We have some of them around too.

Best of luck! I didn't realize you were in Akron--- have a couple pups there, now 5 and 9. Anne

#8 · (Edited)
I voted for ya! My primary tool for training is "attrition", backed with e-collar corrections as needed for lack of effort or the very rare "flipping the paw." E collars are just a tool, no better or worse than the person holding the transmitter.

I hope you win!

Field Guy Regards! :)

#9 ·
Thanks guys! Melissa, when I saw the recommendation I thought it might be you!

Yes, e-collars are just a tool. Just bothers me when it is the primary. I've had a lot of calls about that in the past few months. But it does have to be used correctly. I refer anyone to the couple I take lessons from if the want e-collar training.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.