First time in Rally Advanced

Thread: First time in Rally Advanced

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

Default First time in Rally Advanced

Well we have made it through Rally Novice and this weekend the 23rd and 24th we are going to compete in Rally Advanced off leash and everything. I am only really worried about the jumps and calling front. The jumps she sometimes gets going to fast to slow down before the next excercise and the come front she sometimes sits crooked because she doesn't go far enough out befoer coming front. I know thats only a crooked sit but I still want it perfect. I know she can do it. It will be kinda nice to compete in only one event per day for a change. I will not be quite the nervous wreck.
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: First time in Rally Advanced

Good Luck guys! I'm not even thinking about off-leash yet. Can't imagine it!

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I know thats only a crooked sit but I still want it perfect.
    Um.. you own a lab, right? LOL. If you truly are a perfectionist, you need a Border Collie

Seriously, have a great time and I hope you get a high scoring Q both days!!! Good Luck.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Good Luck!

With my kids, I have to yell "HERE!" AS they are going over the jump to slow them down enough to get back into heel position before the next sign. (and that next sign comes up very quickly!)
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Good luck! Let us know your impressions of it when you get back. Maddy and I are doing a Match next month. I think we can do the exercises, but I want some time to practice...

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

I do tend to think Amber is a border collie traped in a labs body or at least a border-lab cross..lol I do tend to leap before I look sometimes, I entered Rally Novice before I ever even knew what all the exercises were. I figured I had 3 weeks between when I entered to the time of the show to learn Rally and polish my dog for Novice obedience. My trainer said I was stupid for entering both at the same show but she still taught me everything I know about competing in both rally and obedience. I had trained my dog for obedience but didn't know how to compete and get a handle on my hyper lab.
    Thanks for all the good thoughts.

Kelly G and Amber

Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />