On to Rally Advanced
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On to Rally Advanced

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

DefaultOn to Rally Advanced

Ok those of you who have gone through it or are training for it, what do you think is the hardest exercise?

I have a tough time with the stands and not touching Maddy. The rest of the exercises don't seem too tough, just a little more detailed with the about turns and pivots and the dog moving with you from a halt...

We'll start with a match first next month and then consider entering for real...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: On to Rally Advanced

For me it was the food in the dishes (Is that in Advanced, Excellent, or both, I can't remember).

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

OH yeah, food in dishes!!! That's going to be our downfall for sure!!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

food and 3 steps back in heel position

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Three steps back is not until Excellent. Because I have used food on the floor and toys on the floor as distractions in my obedience training I did not find it to be a problem. For us it is getting Caleb back under control after me running by the jump with him. BODY SLAM TIME! That is something we work on all the time.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

I think the halt-side step right-halt is the hardest but my dog forgets she has a rear end. If they used a duck or bumper I don't know if we would be able to do the Offset figure 8. We still need to work on Standing without being touched (luckily you can stand your dog in Advanced like you would in Novice Obedience) and getting a straight sit on the call dog front without moving.
    I think the back up three steps might be the hardest in Excellent.
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

In one of the trials, they used a toy cow in the food bowl. Ruger was scared of it, he literally shied away from it. But we Q'd and placed as well. A toy cow. Who woulda thought??? LOL. ;D ;D ;D

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

No experience (we're still 1 leg away!!) but wanted to say WOOHOO CONGRATULATIONS!!! And good luck!! ;D
    Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

The food dishes, but more because Ihave trained pretty hard with that and Kodi tends to go too wide around them (does not want to get corrected).

The moving stand and walk around, because I pause ever so slightly as I command stand/stay. (got 10 points off for that one last show).

The 3 steps back at heel, we tend to be a bit crooked, but it's getting better.
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Food dishes? I missed that in the AKC thingy I read. Fortunately Maddy is NOT food motivated at all. And she is also quite prissy so unless it's HER toy, no interest either. LOL

I did read that you can position the dog into the stand like in Novice Obedience, so no fear there anymore. And she stands and stays (we have our CD already).

I get confused at the offset Figure 8, but don't if I think about it, don't you just walk into the middle of the cones, do the Figure 8 and then leave again? Maybe I don't understand? Is that where they put the food bowl?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast