Trophies for Trial - help me decide!

Thread: Trophies for Trial - help me decide!

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultTrophies for Trial - help me decide!

OK...

I am having a really hard time deciding what to donate trophies for at our trials in January...I have never done this before, so I'm not sure which way to go.

It seems like it is customary (?) to donate prizes for categories in which you will be competing, and for the breed of dog that you have. Trouble is, I don't know for sure where we'll be in January. Right now we have one Rally Novice A leg. We have an opportunity for the two remaining legs in October.

The trial is four days, Thursday-Sunday, and I am going to donate a trophy for each day. Please help me pick from one of these possibilities (or add another!):

TF: Lab in Novice
    FS: Lab in Advanced

OR....

TFSS: Lab in an "A" class

What do you think? Which would you do? Feedback appreciated...like I said, I've never done this, so I don't want to do something that would seem dumb :P

We may decide to go for our CD by then, but I think I am just going to keep my trophies in Rally. They seem to be needed more there than in Obedience.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Trophies for Trial - help me decide!

I normally donate to the B classes since they typically have less prizes than the A classes around here. I don't compete in the show WKC hosts anymore since it is outdoors and we need stewards in Rally and Obedience. It is too difficult for me to steward and compete. I do use Kona in the Rally excellant class in the beginning and at the end for the extra dog ( honor dog and last dog running for the other honor dog)
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

debjen is offline Senior Member

I haven't competed in our local show for several years because I have been obedience chair and working too much but some of my favorite prizes that I have seen are an ILP dog/lab because alot of those dogs are rescues, or for a junior handler and dog/lab to keep the sport going with a younger generation.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngusFangus

It seems like it is customary (?) to donate prizes for categories in which you will be competing,
    I wouldn't donate a trophy that I might win. That would be really weird.

I'd donate a trophy in some other category. It could still be Lab related. I personally love the ILP trophies (usually it is for high scoring ILP dog, not breed specific). The jr handler trophy would be nice too. The show we were at this weekend offered jr handler prizes for conformation and obedience but not Rally.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

I like the idea of highest scoring dog with a WC or highest scoring dog with an agility title or highest scoring dog completing the Rally novice title or Highest scoring dog getting first leg or highest scoring dog from the sporting group..etc... these I think are the really fun prizes.
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Lydia, I know, it seems weird to me too! But I've seen the list of trophies, and that is what everyone is doing! ??? There was even a mention in the email for trophy requests that people often go home with the prize they donated. I thought maybe this was just the custom. It seemed odd to me too.

ILPs and Jr. Handlers are already covered for Rally, and ILPs are covered for obedience.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever