Obedience A or B

Thread: Obedience A or B

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

DefaultObedience A or B

I can't find this in the AKC rule book...can someone help me out?

I am going to enter my male in his first Novice Obedience competition. Can't for the life of me remember if he can be in A because he's never been in the ring before, or if he had to be B because I already put a CD on a different dog. TOOO CONFUSING....................

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Obedience A or B

Quote Originally Posted by CYNLABS
    I can't find this in the AKC rule book...can someone help me out?

I am going to enter my male in his first Novice Obedience competition.* Can't for the life of me remember if he can be in A because he's never been in the ring before, or if he had to be B because I already put a CD on a different dog.* TOOO CONFUSING....................
    You and your boy will be in Novice B since you put an obedience title on a dog.* We only get one dog in the Novice A classes. You also would be in Novice B in Rally.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

He's in B. You only get one Nov A dog per life time.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Phew, thanks. I entered him right...even though I tore open the envelope to make sure I wrote it in right. Novice B. He's doing so well in his training that I figured I might give this local show a try just to see how he really does...we have one month to practice still.

OK, another question....Maddy is ready to start Open. Can she be Open A until she titles? I've never put a dog through Open before.

I don't understand why they don't write the rulebooks for dummies! ??? ;D It's hard to figure out...

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Yup, Open A for Maddy until she titles! Good luck!
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

October 14th is the day...I'll do Hudler his first time in a real trial, Nov. B. Then the club is doing a match after the real trial, and I'll do Maddy in her 2 classes she'll be training in...Open A and Rally Adv. B. One month to get the training under our belts and collars! LOL

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

All classes above Nov will start with A until the dog receives that specific title then they move into B. Novice classes are based on the handlers experience, the other levels are based on the dog's experience.

Good luck in the show. We'll be waiting to hear all about it.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE