Woohoo!! We did it again!!! (some more pics!)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woohoo!! We did it again!!! (some more pics!)

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultWoohoo!! We did it again!!! (some more pics!)

Hi everyone!!

Henery got his 2nd qualifying leg in novice rally today!!!!!!* ;D

AND, a score of 92 earned us a nice 4th place finish* ... we tied the 3rd team in points, but they outran us by mere seconds!

I'm so very proud of my boy!!! I wasn't sure how he'd be two days in a row, but he showed me what he's made of!!

A good day all around, my friend Dawn took 4th in Novice B obedience, and my friend Jenny took 2nd in Novice A obedience!!

Some pics from today:
    He does give really good attention when he wants to!*

The judge, Sue Sellers Rose, me and Henery!

Henery with his weekend haul... 2 qualifying ribbons and a 4th place rosette!! (and more importantly to him, 2 new squeakie toys!!)

HENRY: Mmm... these ribbons look mighty tasty!!

Oh yes, and the obedience bug has officially bitten me.... I've decided, after this past weekend, to start doing "real" obedience with Henery!!! Woohoo!!* (I guess I'm going to have to learn to hold his leash in my left hand for that!! LOL!!)
    Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Woohoo!! We did it again!!! (some more pics!)

CONGRATS ON LEG TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!* AND A PLACEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!* WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, you have been biten!* Oh, so sorry LOL!!!* Now you can join the ranks of us show poor people!!!* Just kidding.* It is great fun!* So glad you had a great weekend!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

That is so awesome!!!* Congrats!!! You both look wonderful and your smiles are infectious.*

Quote Originally Posted by henrysmom
    Oh yes, and the obedience bug has officially bitten me.... I've decided, after this past weekend, to start doing "real" obedience with Henery!!! Woohoo!!* (I guess I'm going to have to learn to hold his leash in my left hand for that!! LOL!!)
    Just FYI,* you might want to start holding your leash in your left hand for Rally too for several reasons.* Most of the points that are lost in rally are due to a tight leash and having the leash stretched across your body increases the chances for a tight lead. Those single points add up quickly. If you look at your first picture, you can see that the snap is not hanging straight down. If Henry lags at all in an about turn or right turn, you've got a tight leash.* That snap position is the first clue for a tight lead. Also, you have both hands at your waist which will not be acceptable for the advanced Rally classes.* According to the obedience rules Chapter 2 section 19, your heel free options are to have both hands swinging freely at your sides or your right hand can swing while your left hand is held against your body at your waist.* When there is no specific rule for Rally, the obedience rules apply so be careful not to get docked for that as well once you move into advanced...which sounds like it will be very soon.

<br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

This is so great. Congratulations. I love the first picture. He is paying such wonderful attention to you. This is the way they should look when heeling. Great job.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

debjen is offline Senior Member

Congrats ... your pics are great..you two are doing great

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Congratulations on a job well done!
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

Thanks everyone! ;D

We're having soooo much fun!!! Not only was this the first AKC trial we were at, it was the first real show... rally trials here are just rally. Gosh, I'm hooked!!

Thanks Lydia for the tips!! I do get docked for tight leash, so that's a great suggestion! Or, as one judge said, "Watch your leash... it looks like you want to pull him around by it, even though you aren't." I do tend to have a death grip on it. She said to just relax and trust Henry.
    Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by rottnlabs
    That is so awesome!!!* Congrats!!! You both look wonderful and your smiles are infectious.*

Quote Originally Posted by henrysmom
    Just FYI,...Also, you have both hands at your waist which will not be acceptable for the advanced Rally classes.* According to the obedience rules Chapter 2 section 19, your heel free options are to have both hands swinging freely at your sides or your right hand can swing while your left hand is held against your body at your waist.* When there is no specific rule for Rally, the obedience rules apply so be careful not to get docked for that as well once you move into advanced...which sounds like it will be very soon.
    Actually, you CAN hold the leash in your right hand in regular obedience!

That quote from the regular obedience regulations apply to the HEEL FREE (off leash) exercises, not the exercises on leash. For on leash exercises the regulations state: Chapter 3, Section 5: "The leash may be held in either hand or in both hands, but the hands must be held in a natural position. Any tightening or jerking of the leash and use of any extra commands and/or signals will be penalized."

AND, even in Rally there is no specified manner in which you must hold your hands/arms during the off leash portions.

Rally Regulations, Chapter 3, Section 3.* "...the handler's arms need not be maintained in any particular position at any time."

However, do be careful about how much slack there is in your leash. If the leash is held in your right hand, it IS easier to have a too tight leash. But if it is more comfortable go for it! No one should dock you points for it.
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Felicia!!! You guys rock out!!!

Do not think because of my lack of posts this weekend that I wasn't watching I dumped a glass of water in my keyboard Saturday morning, so my communications were limited to whatever words I could find to cut and paste with my mouse. LMAO!

I am so, so so proud of you guys! It looked like you guys did just great, and what fantastic scores, especially for your first time! Congrats on the 4th place - how sweet!

Now, you have to send good no-monkey thoughts for us on October 21 and 22! Don't worry, I'll remind you* :P

Kisses to Henery!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

That quote from the regular obedience regulations apply to the HEEL FREE (off leash) exercises, not the exercises on leash. For on leash exercises the regulations state: Chapter 3, Section 5: "The leash may be held in either hand or in both hands, but the hands must be held in a natural position. Any tightening or jerking of the leash and use of any extra commands and/or signals will be penalized."

Whoa! That rocks my world! Very interesting. I thought you had to hold it in your left hand! I've been jumped on at the club big time about holding in my right hand. We hold in our left now, with the right arm down, but that was very hard to get used to. It seemed like for a while there that every instructor I had wanted me to hold it differently.

So, if this is true, then I wouldn't lose points for holding the leash in both hands on the figure eight? I don't know why, but I tend to grab on with both hands for that. ???

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast