Please send no-monkeying-around! thoughts for Henery this wkend!

Thread: Please send no-monkeying-around! thoughts for Henery this wkend!

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultPlease send no-monkeying-around! thoughts for Henery this wkend!

We have our very first AKC rally trial in Hamburg, NY tomorrow and Sunday. Eep! We're also running first in NoviceA. Double eep!

I pray that there are no shenanigans in the ring.

At our last trial here, for the halt-sit-stand station, Henery halted, sat and then when I asked him to stand, he rocked back on his haunches, and waved coyly at his favourite judge, who had to stifle laughter behind her clipboard. I fear that AKC judges may not be so amused.

My two friends (met while running rally here) will also be competing in obedience, so I'll be watching a real obedience trial for the first time. I fear I might get hooked.

PS. No tags on his collar, right??

Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Please send no-monkeying-around! thoughts for Henery this wkend!

WHAT A HOOT!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, but that would have been fun to see!!!

You are correct--no tags on the collars.

Do well!!!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

patm is offline Senior Member

Good luck you two! Henry - you be good for your mama - you hear? Go early and give him plenty of time to scope everything, everyone and every dog out, then take some practice runs in the parking lot, and some commands in the building. I had Emilu there so early today that she was ready to go home by the time we ran. Oh - the wonderful power of cheese! I gave her a few commands and some luscious cheese before we went in the ring, and she kept hoping there might be more cheese coming her way if she did good ;D

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

No monkeying around thoughts coming your way, Henery!!!

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Do good and have fun!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

Cinder4evr is offline Senior Member

Holding a no labra-monkey-igans thought for you and Henery

My story about obediance competition...from back in the day when there was only obediance, this was a fun match [not AKC] and I had a large mixed breed named Bear. Mostly a very serious dog, but something about this ring set him off. He was perfect until we got to the long down. Where he picked up his leash ind pranced around the ring, bowed to the judge and then came an sat in place with the leash still in his mouth.

Such a silly boy!

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

At our last trial here, for the halt-sit-stand station, Henery halted, sat and then when I asked him to stand, he rocked back on his haunches, and waved coyly at his favourite judge, who had to stifle laughter behind her clipboard. I fear that AKC judges may not be so amused.
    I defy you to find a judge who would not be amused by that.

OK HENERY! NO MONKEY STUFF, LITTLE MAN!

Saturday and Sunday? We'll be thinking of ya!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Good luck!!!! Sending some serious "green" vibes your way.

Quote Originally Posted by henrysmom
    At our last trial here, for the halt-sit-stand station, Henery halted, sat and then when I asked him to stand, he rocked back on his haunches, and waved coyly at his favourite judge, who had to stifle laughter behind her clipboard. I fear that AKC judges may not be so amused.*
    Oh you just might be surprised. Most of them enjoy a good laugh as much as the next person. In all of my years of showing I've only run across one judge who didn't have a sense of humor. She was a real BEOTCH with a capital B. It was the 4th time we were in the Open A ring (after finishing our CDX title the day before). I guess Murray decided to blow every exercise just to prove he could. : As soon as he NQd an exercise, the judge moved us to the next exercise immediately...didn't even let us finish. I'm not talking training in the ring here, just let us finish the $#@&^* exercise. (For example on the DOR Murray sat instead of downing and she broke off the exercise at that point without letting me call him the rest of the way in). I mean I paid for my ring time, didn't I? After she did that to us a couple of times, I started making Murray finish the exercise. Then she told me if I did it again she would dismiss us. I told her I should be allowed to complete the exercise and if she had an issue with it, we could call a rep over. That shut her up pretty quickly. Like I said, most judges are human and enjoy a good laugh as much as the next person but occasionally you'll find one that has a bug up her *bleep* but thankfully, those are few and far between.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Like Lydia said, most AKC judges are fun. I had one laugh at me when Caleb body slammed me so hard that I almost went out of the ring backwards--and she took only 1 point off! Ol' Velma Janik is a real hoot and I have seen her absolutely loose it in the ring. On the other hand she does not put up with garbage either. One day a lady who is legally blind was in Open A with a HUGE black Lab that thought the ring was his personal stage. On the figure 8 this Lab smelled up and down one of the stweard's rear end both times around. I thought Velma was going to choke she was laughing so and trying to contain herself. On the DOR she, knowing the lady is blind gave a signal at first and then yelled for the drop--again Velma began to laugh at herself. Then on the retrieves the Lab tried to bring the bell to Velma and she kept yelling at him to take it to his Mom. On the broad jump he sat in front of her just looking at her with that typical Labbie smile. She just laughed! But, I have seen her not put up with some people who were just trying to yank her chain or not fair to the dog or trying to pull one over on her. So, most AKC judges do have a sense of humor. After all, if we are in is sport, we need one!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

debjen is offline Senior Member

good luck