Whoo! Whoo! We did it!!

Thread: Whoo! Whoo! We did it!!

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultWhoo! Whoo! We did it!!

We got our first leg in Rally Novice A today. First show for both of us. Emilu got a "93" and I got an "83" ( meaning of course that out total score was 83 ) We also took fourth place out of 9 entrants, tying with an Irish Wolfhound - we had the faster speed so took the ribbon. The third station was a front, finish right, and Emilu, in her excitement, did a quick left finish. I know she has a tendency to do this, and knowing that there was only a right finish in the course, only practiced rights all morning, but she did a left anyways. So we redid the station, getting 3 points off, then a couple points here and there for mostly heeling stuff, she bumped me a couple times which I don't think she has EVER done in all the practice and classes we've been to. Now to the biggy - mine (which I didnt' even realize till I talked to the judge about our score). We had a halt, down, walk around the dog, then continue. We have been really practicing this one because Emilu decided this week that she didn't really want to lay down all that much - so I was a little worried about it. Emilu did just fine, but in my concern about doing it "right", I forgot to "pause" after walking around her and just went right on heeling. 10 points! So we were lucky that we did well with all the rest of the stuff. I'm hooked! What a fun day! Will post a pic when we get it. Thanks for all your help guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Whoo! Whoo! We did it!!

A HUGE CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST LEG AND PLACEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

CONGRATS ON THE FIRST LEG!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

You will soon have your title! Nice job and congrats!!!

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!!*

What a way to start your journey with Emilu
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Hey! WOO HOOOOO, that's so awesome!!! See how easy that was? And you finished in the ribbons to boot!

Pat, you know I made that exact same mistake you described in a run-through at the club, and got called out for it. So now I'm always on guard for that one. No telling what else will come up to bite me, though. In Chattanooga I took two steps instead of one on that one-two-three sit exercise. :

I'm so glad to hear it went well! When's your next show? ;D

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course you probably have the bug now!!!!
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

I logged on tonight just to see how you did and you did mah-velous. ;D Congrats on that first leg!!! I'm sure there are many more to come now that you've been bitten by the show bug.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

CONGRATULATIONS!
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Yeah!!!! Congrats! We had a similar "human error" this weekend due to MY mistake! Good thing Maddy can't read, otherwise she'd be on my back saying "I knew what you told me to do was wrong!"