Wish us luck! Rally tomorrow!

Thread: Wish us luck! Rally tomorrow!

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultWish us luck! Rally tomorrow!

Wish us luck - we go to our first show tomorrow. The worst thing is, I'm getting a bad cold - one that made my boss miss a day last week. Just hope tomorrow isn'at the worst day of it. I am also losing my voice - so I see it now - can't give her a treat, can't pet her - just "lots of verbal praise" - we'll be reduced to "excited hand signals" :P Actually, I think we could do it on hand signals alone - but it would be pushing it! Novice A is dead last, , there are 10 entries - R5-R14. We're R10. I still plan on getting there before the whole thing starts to set-up and watch everything. I can always take a sort nap in the car if I need to. Hopefully my next post on this will be a happy one

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Wish us luck! Rally tomorrow!

Good luck, have fun and remember to breath!! (if your cold lets you)
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Good luck!

You'll have fun, and good idea about arriving way early, especially for your very first show. You'll end up ore relaxed by the time your class rolls around. Most judges have the same basic course, and modify it a bit for each level. So, you will have the benefit of seeing how the more advaned folks do some of the stations.
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

What timing, Pat! Hope you feel better! Have a great time and remember to breath! We'll all be pulling for ya!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Congrats! I can't wait to hear about your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Belles mom
    ...good idea about arriving way early, especially for your very first show. You'll end up ore relaxed by the time your class rolls around.
    Sometimes that is true but while YOU will be more relaxed, your dog may be TOO relaxed or possibly overly stressed.* I usually show up 1 hr before class time at the most.* When we have 2 shows in 1 day I actually drive home between the shows so Murray can rest at home.* When we get back to the show, he's refreshed and excited to be there vs letting him stay in his crate all day, then pulling him out stretching, yawning, and thinking no big deal.* Of course, if you have a hyper dog, maybe having the dog tired and relaxed is a good thing.*
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Good luck...looking forward to hearing how it went!

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

Good luck to you both! Get lots of sleep tonight

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Good luck. Take plenty of cold medicine and have a great time.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie