Well, we qualified on Sunday

Thread: Well, we qualified on Sunday

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultWell, we qualified on Sunday

but it was no where near as pretty! Sunday, the Rally judge was a hard core regular obedience judge and everything was judged very precisly. In some of the classes nearly 1/2 of the dogs NQ'd because of lack of points!

The ring was VERY narrow, only 28 feet wide so several of the exercises only had 3-4 feet in between signs. Judge was not happy about that. But she kept things rolling, and both days I was out of there by 11:15!

So, Kodi earned her RE title and first place, but with an 84 score. Hoss picked up an "insurance" leg in RA, with a rather embarrassing 78. (But, deserved as he was WAY too interested in the stray pieces of straw on the floor, liver in the food bowl etc). At least in the middle of the run he was right on, but I lost his attention in the begining andat the end. He needs some more attention work I think before we go on to the RE classes....I say that now....wonder when the next trial is???

Belle received her 2nd RAE leg, and HER performance was flawless, but I muffed several exercises by doing them incorrectly. (Some of the exercises apparently I have been doing wrong all along, but had never been docked points off!) At least it was only two 10 point deductions for a score of 80 in one class and 86 in another.

Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Well, we qualified on Sunday

Well we have to know what is wrong.. We might be making the same mistakes. So what did you get docked for and why? And good job on the legs and title it sounded like it was a very difficult judge and you still managed wins.
    Thanks

Kelly
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Congratulations. A qualifying run is a qualifying run. Who cares about the score.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

Good going Karen. Who was the judge?

Laura

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Congrats on the titles and legs!!!

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Congrats--I do agree, who was the judge?
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by labby
    Good going Karen. Who was the judge?
    Linda Scanlon. Actually, I don't mind that kind of precise judging, just wish there were more consistency between the judges. She certainly kept things moving and it IS motivating to be more prescise in my handling!
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Belles mom

Actually, I don't mind that kind of precise judging, just wish there were more consistency between the judges. She certainly kept things moving and it IS motivating to be more prescise in my handling!
    That has been one of the problems with Rally, If you go on to AKC's web site and read all the proposed changes to Rally from the committee some of it is seeking to get more consistent judging. One of the proposed changes is to eliminate the rule of what is 1/2 point in obience is nothing in Rally. So, you would have 1/2 point deductions, too. One reason why I am working to finish my RE!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org