Am I weird?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I weird?

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultAm I weird?

Emilu and I are looking forward to our first show. Since it is on a Friday, I will be going by myself. This thing is - I think that I'd rather go by myself the first time. I know that it would be nice to have someone to drive with, and help me get set-up and stuff, but for the first time I just want to go and make my mistakes without any friends or family there. Is that weird? I think that later I'll want people with me if I can get someone to go, but for this time I'd rather go by myself.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Am I weird?

I alot of times go to shows by myself but as you show more and more you make friends that will be competing with you and will cheer you on and sympathize with you.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

I do go to most by myself but sometimes I go with someone. Like Linda said, once you begin to go more, you'll gain new friends that you see at most of the shows.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

I never go with anyone. I brought my hubby a few times but it's harder that way. I have people I know at the shows to talk to, but usually I just spend time getting my dogs excited about being in the ring and practicing.

Quote Originally Posted by CYNLABS
    I brought my hubby a few times but it's harder that way.*
    It is so much harder when Lew goes with me!!!! Anything I do wrong, OH MY! :P : Much rather go by myself. We work it out that if he does go, he golfs while show.
    Susan

www.labmed.org

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

I go by myself, except on a rare occaision in conformation when I need another handler. There are a lot of familiar faces at the shows the more I get back into the performance events. Guess I prefer to go by myself and meet people there. That way I am not inconviencing anyone when the shows go way over time.
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Ooo, not with ya on that one! I hope my dog caddy never quits on me! I suppose I'll have to do it myself eventually, but especially that first show I was so nervous, I really needed someone to come around behind me and say, "Did you do this? Did you get this? Do you need those? Don't forget these!"

But I salute your independence!

You will get to know more people the more you go. I was surprised at all the people I had around to talk to at our first show. Half the club was there. It was really fun to see everyone in a different place.

Good luck at the show! I know you'll do great. Can't wait to hear all the details! ;D

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

I am with you on this one. I would hate to drag a non dog person to a show and not qualify. and I would be under even more pressure to do well with friends family there. I did fid I needed a coach to help me with all the show things. warm up procedures what to do and why type of things. I was lucky and had an aquantance who had gotten an OTCH several years and a couple of dogs ago. And she helped me get ready and took me to the show and basically guided me through everything. I think by now I am ok with having friends and family come. I am more relaxed and sure of myself and Amber.

Kelly G and Amber RN CGC
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

I prefer to go with someone. I like having someone to share the wins and losses with. Especially if it's a two day show, I want someone to share the room with or at least camp out in each others rooms and go over the day.
    Susan, I'm with you on the SU, though. Walt wouldn't go with me and that's a good thing. He would criticize everything I did or didn't do.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

Quote Originally Posted by buddysmom
    Walt wouldn't go with me and that's a good thing.* He would criticize everything I did or didn't do.

Oh Monnie, you so understand!!! BUT, it is fun traveling to another state to show with friends!!! Right, Monnie and Linda?! Or, meeting at a tournament for the first time, right Linda with Kona? After you have done it a while, you'll gain friends and that becomes part of the experience.
    Susan

www.labmed.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast