Help needed! Crate size
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help needed! Crate size

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultHelp needed! Crate size

I need to buy a soft crate fairly quickly so I can get it in time and get Emilu used to it before our show in September. She is crate trained, but she hasn't been in it for quite a while and I don't really want to use a wire crate if I don't have to. What size do you all use? I worry about getting one that is too small, but I know my tendency is going to be to get one that is too large. I would like it to fit in the back of the station wagon when set up, it would need to be no taller than 29 inches to go through the back opening. Emilu is 22 inches tall at the shoulders and weighs 80 lbs.* Also, what brands to you have? I am looking at the Breeze 2 (instructor has them and raves about them) or the Midwest Canine Camper, which is more expensive, but appeals to me because it just looks like a good crate.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ZRL
    ZRL is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Help needed! Crate size

She weighs 180lbs?*

I'd think something in the 24" - 26" height range might work??? I don't know though, I don't have a soft crate....
    Zeke RN, agility miscreant and CGC failure

patm is offline Senior Member

OOPS! Make that 80 lbs - still a little heavy, but not grossly obese

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I think my crate is 25" tall. It's not the biggest, but a good size. Definitely get a soft crate. You can't lug those ole heavy wire ones very well.

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

I bought a petgearinc.com large for Amber 21 inches high at shoulder and 68 lbs and it was way to big so I am going to get their medium or about that size. their medium is 36 in long 24 inches wide and 27 in tall. They say it is good for up to 70 pounds but they are way under rating it. The large had enough room for two labs to lay down in.

Hope this helps.

Kelly G and Amber
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

I like the Noz2Noz N series crates.
    http://www.sitstay.com/store/equip/s...FU6YJAodQnfUKw

I bought both dogs the grey one which is 42"Lx28W"x31"H. (Actually I bought a Port A Crate from Petsmart online for Murray but it is the same crate as the Noz2Noz I bought for Essy). I probably should have bought the next size smaller for Essy. That crate swallows her up but it's just perfect for Murray. Essy is probably 21" tall and weighs 65#. She's tiny compared to the moose.

In fact, I car pooled to a show with another Lab person who has a cargo van all set up with crates. We loaded my stuff in her van and my large crates didn't fit where she normally put them. She asked why I had such large crates. I then put Murray in her little wire crates (perfectly fine for her Labs) and he could barely stand up or turn around in it (had to have the door open). Once he laid down, he couldn't stretch out, he had to lay curled up. I said "THAT's why I have big crates". She said "my gosh, he IS a big dog." He's 24" tall and weighs 90# ;D
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

I actually got my collapsable at Pet's Mart. Folds right up without removing any bars. Very handy
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

debjen is offline Senior Member

I have the Noz2Noz too but the X series...I can't remember if I got the 42 or 48 for Riley..He is 26.5 inches at the shoulder and 95 pounds.

http://www.doolittlespetproducts.com/posofkrxse.html

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Check out these crates. I'm thinking of getting one for Buddy. I've seen them at shows. They pop up and are so light.
    http://www.cleanrun.com/moreinfo.cfm...TOKEN=68789635

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Wow! Those look pretty cool! I'd like to see one in person to see how sturdy they are!

I have the Noz- to Noz crates, the Gray and Green ones, but have only used tham a few times. The gray one is HUGE and I could set up housekeeping in it!
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast