Rally station # 36 Question

Thread: Rally station # 36 Question

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

DefaultRally station # 36 Question

On excercise 36 in advanced Rally (Halt, Stand, Walk around Dog) in Advanced can you stand the dog like you can in Novice Obedience (Physically Stack the dog)? or does it have to be like in Utility Obedience where you do it with comand only?
    Thanks
    Kelly G and Amber RN CGC
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Rally station # 36 Question

You can physcially stack the dog in Advanced.
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

BUT on the moving stand you have to stand the dog and keep moving. In excellent you cannot so I tell my students to begin working on just standing the dog without touching it or moving your feet.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Why physically stack the dog? No one cares where the feet are located. It looks much more professional done without stacking. My instructor taught us to start the SFE with the dog sitting at your side in heel position. Now step off slowly on your RIGHT foot while telling the dog to stand. At this point, I teach the stand command that I will use in utility for stand/stay. This is just moving the hand, palm down, over the head out to about the nose. The dog is now on their feet wondering what the heck is going on. I bring my LEFT foot up even with the right. At this point, you should be back in heel position (remember you have to leave the dog from heel position). Tell the dog to stay, and move out about 6 feet. This looks very smooth and professional. At first you will have to do this on lead to help the dog understand that he has to get up but not continue heeling. This is why we lead off on the right foot. Hope this makes sense. Give it a try. It's really easy once you get the hang of it.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

I know its weird but I never taught Amber to stand on comand. I was having trouble with her when I tried she would take several steps and curl in toward me. I was having a lot of trouble with her not holding her feet still (she didn't seem to even know she was moving them). I now have her really solid on not moving her feet if I place her in a stand position so now I am teaching her to stand but I am teaching her to stand without moving her front feet foreward from a sit position. Its just taking a bit longer than I thought and I am already entered in two trials in Rally Advanced in Sept.
    Are any of the Novice Rally exercises performed differently in Advanced or Excellent? Thanks

Kelly G and Amber RN CGC
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

No, each station is preformed the same no matter what course it's in. They're are other stations that you see only in RA or RE that are similar but different. ex: Ex. 26 is preformed the same no matter where it's located.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie