Here we go yet again!

Thread: Here we go yet again!

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

DefaultHere we go yet again!

I entered Amber in Advanced Rally at the Santa Ana show on SAt and Sunday. I also entered her in an Obedience only show for her final leg in both Rally Advanced and Novice A Obedience. I chose to do that because the offer special awards for: Highest scoring Lab and one for Finishing a Novice A title at the show. Plus I think they offer something for finishing a rally title. Do you think it is wrong to try and finish a title at a show just for the prizes they offer??? Just currious

Kelly G and Greenwoods Amber Wave RN CGC
    Chino Ca
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Here we go yet again!

Quote Originally Posted by Kzunell
    * Do you think it is wrong to try and finish a title at a show just for the prizes they offer???*
    Nope...not at all.* The show gets your money, the prizes are donated...why shouldn't you try for the prizes just like the next person?* That being said, there are no guarantees so I wouldn't hold out for that show if it was the last chance of the season to finish a title but if you have other opportunities...I say go for it and don't feel quilty about it.*

I finished Murray's RA title with a perfect 100 and a 5 way tie for 1st...we won 1st.* ;D Then I found out there were no titling ribbons for Rally, only for Obedience.* I got a blue strip ribbon, not even a rossette.* I was really bummed...still am.* * I won't show at that club again because of it.* I think its the wrong place for the club to be cutting costs. The conformation rossettes were huge elaborate things and rally got nothing.* *: I have tons of ribbons but I still have room for more especially titling ribbons.* * Eventually I'll stop accepting the ribbons (ie donate them back to the club) but right now I like picking them up, yes even the little strip ribbons.*
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by rottnlabs
    I have tons of ribbons but I still have room for more especially titling ribbons. Eventually I'll stop accepting the ribbons (ie donate them back to the club) but right now I like picking them up, yes even the little strip ribbons.
    Yup, me too. It seems so few clubs (at least around here) offer titling ribbons. I really appreciate it when they do. Belle's UAG1 title in Lynchburg got a medallion and that hangs on the wall near her ex-pen. Someday I am going to make a quilt with the ribbons, except for the Best in Show, Total Dog and Group Placement Ribbons. I could bear to chop those up!
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

I was bummed that I didn't get a titling ribbon for Maddy's CD, and it was at a Lab Specialty too. We did earn High Scoring Novice so we got a ribbon for that and a trophy I get to keep for a year (name added to plaque). I also found out yesterday we got our name in the Lab Quarterly for that show, but just for getting a Novice A leg, but still.

ZRL
    ZRL is offline Senior Member

Lynchburg? As in Lynchburg VA?

Zeke RN, agility miscreant and CGC failure