I feel so "official"!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I feel so "official"!!

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultI feel so "official"!!

Just finished entering Emilu and I in our first Rally competition. I'm so excited! Next I'll start getting nervous! The show is Sept.8 (friday) in Owensville, Ohio and is put on by the Clermont County Kennel Club. Whee!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I feel so "official"!!

Awesome!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

debjen is offline Senior Member

good luck

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

If Amber and I can do rally then you should have no problem doing rally. Go have fun and remember that this is event is done entirely on leash (at the novice level) and that as long as you walk through the course as much as you can and ask the judge any questions about how to do the exercises you will be fine.
    Some questions I ask the judges are.... How big a circle do you want for the 270's and 360's. ...Where do you want the moving down performed....on a finish right do you want me to wait till after the dog is around the back of me before proceding or just out of my way and then heel forward?.....and sometimes on the serpentines and spirals I ask how the judge wants me to procede to the next station... (some of the serp's and spirals aren't lined up well with the next station) I also ask on some about turns that aren't lined up also....
    I usually ask the questions after I do a walk through and then after the questions I practice how I am going to do the course untill I run out of time. I use the words and all the motions I will use when I do my actual run, it kinda looks like I have an invisible dog with me when I do my walk throughs. Some of the other handlers "pass" me durring my walk throughs but I don't let that bother me I know that it is far better to be accurate than fast in rally. A 2 minute 100 beats a 30 second 99 every time.
    one other thing I see alot of handlers get points off on is for tight leads in novice. I also learned that it is really hard to do a rally patern with a 2ft leash without getting a tight leash penalty. you need at least a 3 ft leash if you hold the leash in your left hand and a 4-6 ft leash if you hold it in your right hand.
    ohh yeah remember to breathe..

Kelly G and Greenwoods Amber Wave RN CGC
    Chino Ca
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

patm is offline Senior Member

Kelly - thanks for the tips! I'll be having some more questions about particular things after we do a couple of run-thoughs with the signs at home.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Pat that is wonderful!!!! Have fun and remember to breath!!!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Good luck and have fun!
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Our first is Saturday.

I have problems with the moving down. Anyone have tips...
    I tell Maddy down and keep on walking, when she is down, do I tell her heel again? Do you take tiny baby steps so you don't end up too far ahead?

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Oh goodie!! Pat, you will love it. Just relax and have fun and remember you can talk, clap, pat your legs, etc.

If I can eek out a Q score with Angus, I'm sure you'll do fantastic!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Our next one is in October. We have a Show n Go between now and then, so hopefully that will help get Angus more used to the environment.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

You will have a lot of fun. Just READ THE SIGNS. And don't miss any

I personally do not care for Rally... it really unnerves me, but I went through it with Ruger just to do it. Didn't like it, but did it anyway... actually came off the course SHAKING. Give me obedience and agility any day, please ;D (I just can't read, give my dog directions, and make myself do the correct course all at the same time, it's like walking and chewing gum, LOL!!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast