Maddie and Panda youtube videos

Thread: Maddie and Panda youtube videos

agilitymom is offline Senior Member

WinkMaddie and Panda youtube videos

I finally learned how to post a video to youtube and to the internet. I am in total disbelief that I did it. Maddie's are posted in lab chat and Panda's are posted in odds and ends.

Take a look.

Thanks,
    Lisa

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Aw, great job! What height are you jumping, the jumps looked high to me. My guys jump 20" in AKC and 22" in USDAA and 16" in CPE.

I love your airplane arm on your front crosses Makes me giggle

And I love the kiss you give your dog before starting your run, how sweet (I do that too).

You run a very smooth course, nice weave entries too.

And I'm envious that your dogs COME OUT OF THE TUNNEL!!! LOL

Great videos, thanks for sharing.

Panda is so cute, love how he looks at the crowd now and then. That first clip... double weaves in the run, WOW! I've never seen that.

You are so cute running along, you have a little short stride run that seems flawless. I run like an oaf !

Panda doesn't have the weaves down as well as Maddie, but I can tell it's coming along.

Good job on the video!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Linda. Maddie jumps 24" in AKC and DOCNA. Panda jumps at 16". She became a part of our family in Nov 07 and began competing in agility in May 08. She has not been competing a full year yet. I have had to work through extreme fear of men with her. During her North American Challenge run the judge was on the other side of the weaves which pulled her out. During most runs she has a ring full of boyscouts, a male judge and several male photographers outside of the ring gating. She has improved tremendously. This was the first time she was asked to do 12 weaves in competition. She qualified to run in the DOCNA nationals in October.

Were you asking about video cameras so that you could post agility videos...hint hint. Would love to see your guys run. It would be fun to maybe set the same course and have our dogs run it and post videos to see the different styles of the dogs and the handlers.

What handling system do you use and teach with your guys?

It's going to be a while until I can get the video camera as I have to take furlough days at work (meaning NO PAY), so I'm really penny pinching right now, but I hope by fall I can scrape enough together to get a digital video so I can post dog stuff too!

I use the WW system of handling (Whatever Works!). Seriously... I borrow from many folks. I've been to several seminars, one with Susan Garrett, one with Bud Houston, one with Stuart Mah, one with Carrie Jones. I really liked Carrie the best, she's really focused and really knows how to tear a course down to get the best handling out of each dog that runs it. Bud is fun and I really enjoyed his seminar and find myself quoting him a lot to my students.

I find that as I get older, our goals have changed. Used to be all about the Q's and titles. Now we have smaller goals, like getting you-know-who through a tunnel properly, staying on course, making course time, making our weave entry, etc. To be honest, I've been really hurting when I run lately (got this danged arthritis in my feet and they absolutely KILL me a lot these days). I often feel I am letting my dogs down when I can't run as fast as I used to. Oh well, it's still about playing the game and having fun with my dogs
    Last edited by 3TailsWaggin; 04-02-2009 at 09:24 PM.

Linda, your dogs are just happy you are still playing agility with them. They don't care if you are not as fast as you used to be. I am always happy to see labs doing agility. I am often the only person at a trial with labs or one of a couple. Remington will come out of the tunnel. I think you are right small goals are the best, especially when competing in AKC that allows nothing but perfection. I always set a goal each run-weave pole completion, quicker front crosses or completion of a tough portion-so that we can have success even without the Q.

Let me know when you get that camera! I would love to watch your guys run.