Insight please

Thread: Insight please

canUdigIt is offline Senior Member

DefaultInsight please

Very strange.

Where I live there is a railway track at the end of a dead end street. This is where we do our obedience run throughs in the road etc.

Well last night Rhys, Ruby and I went for a nice long walk of 3+ hours and when we returned to near the house, Ruby would not cross the railway track??? I kept walking trying not to make too much of it and dragged her accross. Didn't say a word to her. Got about 10ft passed and turned around and walked back, and AGAIN she was very hesitant to cross. She got dragged again. SO walked out and came back over it AGAIN. Same reaction, instead of dragging her, she leapt the entire way (Was funny and I had to be careful not to laugh at her) We have been stopped there with trains, cars going over, this is somewhere we walk nearly everyday.

So I brought just her over there this am. No Rhys. And she was fine. My father suggests maybe it was the way the streetlights were reflecting off the rails, but it was dark when we crossed initially on the way out for the walk...

I am perplexed, and this is really the only time I have every seen her react in relation to her situation. I wonder how she will be if we train near them again later today...

Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mom2Rowdy is offline Member

DefaultRe: Insight please

The only thing I can think is how long had it been since a train had gone past or was their a train on the rail. I have heard that the rails vibrate even when the train is miles away.

<br /><br />Rowdy RL1, EVBB Donor

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Could the rails have been hot? Metal will really heat up in the sun.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

I thought the vibration or heat.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

canUdigIt is offline Senior Member

Must have been just a weird fluke, because I have made note to walk there last night and again tonight, and nothing.

It was nighttime. On the way OUT for walk, we stopped for a train, so across the first time there probably would have been vibration, and this wasn't the first time across with a train just leaving. On the way back, there was no train, but she freaked. It was about 10:00pm, so no sun to make them hot, and not really any cars crossing there either.

I am writing it off as weird. I'll let you know if it happens again.