Obedience Journal
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obedience Journal

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultObedience Journal

I'll start another obedience journal, since ours seems to have gone with the wind.

August 10, 2006
    Off for the summer. It's just toooooo hooooooooot to practice.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

canUdigIt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Obedience Journal

We're with you Monnie!

Especially since I can't get the day off work for what was to be Ruby's debut.

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

August 10.

Hoss

We've have really made a lot of progress in collar conditioning in the last few days. His remote sit is getting faster each time we practice, and today I waited until Hoss was in motion before I whistle commanded for a sit. (Previously I had left him in a stand, backed off several yards and then whistled). It went very well, and Hoss hesitated only slightly and was a little slow, but not bad for a first attempt.

Also practiced on casting. Our last run was supposed to be a fun bumper, but Hoss did not see the fall. So, I sent him on a "blind" and while he was not very straight he did go out and sat when I whistled. He took the right cast and dove on the bumper. Mamma was a grinning!
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

August 11--Now that All-Stars is over really concentrating on Utility aiming for fall show season.

HE FINALLY SEEMS TO BE CATCHING ON TO THE GO OUTS CONSISTENTLY!!! WHOO HOO!

Articles--more and more proofing--used two sets spread around half the room with gloves and toys; is one of his strong areas but want to proof further (way things go for me it would be a mat from the breed ring with bitch in season smells!!)

Gloves--has exercise down but now focusing more on just how our pivots are; marks just fine but since he does it well, could be an easy exercise to ace

Moving Stand--another exercise we are concentrating on that he actualy stops and does not continue to walk

Signals--proofing with more and different type of distractions since this is the most often blown exercise (couple of judges told me that!)
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

August 11-- worked Caleb before my staff meeting this evening out back of our building in the potty area. Talk about distraction training!!!! :P We worked about 45 minutes before he finally settled down. Gloves went well. That was all we got to do!
    Susan

www.labmed.org

kassabella is offline Senior Member

At the moment Ernies hips are too sore. I was hoping to enter him in the October trial.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

August 12--We had two picnics so Caleb went with us and so did his articles. He did do better over all but some mistakes. Not worked him a lot outside. Blew some signals but with all the picnic stuff going on and a Golden Retriever not far away he had to work on focus. Gloves went well. Nothing to run to for go outs so that will be our focus this week.
    Susan

www.labmed.org

August 14--Went to Medina Kennel Club again this morning to work. It was the first time I put all the drills and exercises together to do basically a run thru and he did great! I must admit I was rather surprised! It was even the first time we did go-outs someplace other than my building or when we take our lessons! I even moved the jumps so he had to run to a white wall (which is what happens at the one show I am thinking about entering) and he did it!!! Of course the one match we are having in our area, I'm judging at so I won't be able to show Caleb that day BUT, today does give me hope that he is getting close to being ready!
    Susan

www.labmed.org

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

August 13. Worked Ruger on go-outs and gloves and hand signals tonight.

Wow, you should have seen his hand signals. They boy popped up into a sit so fast, it was so pretty. And I was about 40 feet away from him. I do think he's getting this exercise down.

Go-outs and gloves continue to be our problem areas. We will continue working!

August 15--Had class this morning. We worked on drills for the directed jumping which was really good for Caleb--he blew almost every one!!! So, I know what I get to work on!

I did realize I was doing something right in working my go-outs in always beginning by doing some of my drills. He is getting more and more consistent. She gave me some ideas on getting him to not arch so much. Will certainly try that.

Also was told to begin working the different orders, putting things together more and building his confidence so his stress level gets higher and higher.

I did get somewhat in trouble for not having a day to keep working Open. Been so concentrating on Utility that I have only done a few ROF. But, I know I need to work Open one day a week just to keep him fresh. Plus, again to build his confidence since it is something he knows well.
    Susan

www.labmed.org

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast