Prizes?

Thread: Prizes?

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultPrizes?

Hey y'all, I have a goofy question about prizes:

Our club sponsors a four-day show in January. They are trying to finalize the premium list by September. Sooo, an email went out the other day that they need people to sponsor "prizes," like donating a Lab mug for the high-scoring Lab on a particular day, etc.

So, I suppose no one sponsors a breed prize for the breed with which they will be competing, correct?

Here's what I was thinking...tell me if this would or would not be a good idea for any reason:

My best friend at the club has an Irish Wolfhound. As far as I know, she's the only person around here with an IW who competes in obedience. So I was thinking of surprising her by sponsoring the prize for high-scoring IW. Or, would that be stupid? I mean, everyone knows we are good friends, so would everyone else be going : ?

I just thought it might be funny. Especially if she wasn't expecting it. :P

They have a sign-up sheet at the club right now. I guess I should go look at that and see if they have specified particular categories in which to sponsor...

Anyone ever done this?

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Prizes?

I know people who do sponsor for their breed and if they win, they don't take it. Or they do sponsor for another breed. Either way. I've done trophy donations for breed and obedience when we have been competing. Not a problem.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

I think its a nice idea to sponsor the IW. I bet your friend doesn't get an opportunity to win something extra for her breed very often.

Usually the clubs around here ask for a sponsor but they donate money only. The clubs actually purchase the item to be donated. That way everyone gets the same/similar item. Occasionally there may be a special something but not usually.

If you want to be creative, you can sponsor an award for High Scoring dog with an ILP (one of my favorite wins), High Scoring Novice A dog, High Scoring dog with a jr handler (under 18 yrs old in obedience, not a JH for conformation), High Scoring Sporting Breed, High Scoring dog with an agility title (or any other title you designate), etc. There are hundreds of different awards you could give.

Maybe if you don't want people to think it's odd to offer an IW award (I say who cares what others think ), maybe make it High Scoring Hound instead which opens it to any dog in the hound category.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Thanks you guys!

Cool Lydia, that's exactly what I was looking for, some way to be creative! I like the High-Scoring dog with an ILP. I may copy that!!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

patm is offline Senior Member

I think it's a sweet idea! The last show I was at, there was a prize for high scoring GSD. A girl in my advanced obedience class happened to be showing her dog and got a 194 in Novice A. She won the trophy because there were no other GSD's there anyways - although that'a a pretty good score all on it's own