YES!!!!

Thread: YES!!!!

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultYES!!!!

Emilu and I were "having lessons" tonight and she made a major breakthrough. She did really well with everything we went over, and LOVES her new jumps - but the best thing of the evening was this- when I put her in a sit/stay and walked away to do her recall, she actually hunkered down a little and looked "anticipitory" and excited to do the command - like "call me mamma- I just can't wait till you call me!" She literally flew up to hill to me when I gave her the command. I have never seen her look like this before for the recall. This is the dog that used to wander up slowly to me, if at all without a second command or correction. I think she finally realizes what the command is all about. Just a small happiness in dog training*

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: YES!!!!

Don't you just love it when the light comes on in their little brains? Good girl.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

I love watching a dog suddenly "get it" and I have noticed that sometimes something we struggled with on the last training session she suddenly does perfect the next session. I wonder sometimes if they think about stuff after we are done with a training session?? I know everyone will tell me that out of sight out of mind applies to dogs but still....

Kelly G and Amber CGC
    Chino Ca.
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

WTG!!!! Emilu. What a "Good Girl" you are.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

WHOO HOO!!! That is great! Always nice to have those break-throughs!!!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Bravo!!! Isn't it FUN!!!

At our first trial Ruger ran so fast and so hard on the recall that he ploughed into me nearly knocking me out of the ring. I don't know how I managed to stand upright. I made a "oof" sound as he hit me. But he hit and sat and the judged laughed out loud, along with the spectators, and the judge said, "The exhuberance of youth!!" and he docked us 1 point. Oh well. We still got a leg that day!!!

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Awesome!*

Quote Originally Posted by buddysmom
    Don't you just love it when the light comes on in their little brains?*
    That's my favorite part about training...when they GET it.* ;D
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

My second favorite part of training is when "I" get it. Sometimes I am a bit dense. When doing the down with her in the heel position she would always angle across in front of me as she would lay down. for months I fought with her on this, then someone (a person with an OTCH) told me to just move my left leg forward about a foot then tell her down...It worked!!!!! something so simple. Then over a period of about 4 weeks I just kept moving my left foot less and less forward before I told her down. Now I don't have to move my foot at all. No fights or corrections just a simple movement on my part...Geesh

Kelly G and Amber CGC
    Chino Ca
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

lcspt is offline Senior Member

WTG Emilu!! It's times like that, that keep us training!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo