What a weekend!

Thread: What a weekend!

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultWhat a weekend!

I had Caleb entered in Open B this weekend! Saturday he went around the high jump again! SO, I called Lew and told him to not make plans for the evening cause we were going to the building to do some distraction training. THEN, he started to lay down on his long sit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P

Today he did the high jump but went down again! Oh well, glad I did not have high hopes for the All-Star weekened!!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

canUdigIt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: What a weekend!

Caleb! Glad to see you are spicing mom's life up a tad!

Quote Originally Posted by luvmydogz2much
    Caleb! Glad to see you are spicing mom's life up a tad!

Wicked sense of humor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Susan

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Susan, hang in there........ a suggestion ....... would Caleb perform better after a break in training? I will do only one more run through with Kona before all stars ....... he knows the exercises and I'm hoping this will be the right approach for Kona. Kona and I are going to have fun no matter what happens in the ring!! ;D
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

patm is offline Senior Member

Oh Caleb! Be a good boy for mama :-*

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Ughh...those damn sits/downs. I hope you can fix it before All Stars. Those are the hardest issues to work on because you are 1) so far away from the dog AND 2) out of sight when it happens. What worked for Murray was practicing with people he did not know or at least did not know well. They acted as judge and/or steward and stayed behind while I went out of sight. When Murray went down on the sit, he had a come to Jesus meeting with a complete stranger. The look on his face was priceless. "Oh my gosh...did that person just touch me?" Now he never knows if a judge will or won't touch him so he's become much more solid.

As for going around the jump, what command do you use for the ROH? I know some people who had issues with the dog going around switched to "over" or "jump" vs "fetch' to remind the dog what he is to be doing. One of the people I train with currently has a dog starting to do the same thing. She practices the ROH with a flexi all the time now. The dog is never allowed to make a mistake. She proofs it by making some really bad throws too (ones that don't even go over the jump because they are so far left or right).
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

Just got back from working Caleb at another facility and he did wonderful. They have two rings and someone was working their dog in the next ring and we did some distraction training, too. He even did his sits! His attitude was wonderful. I had not see him this up for a while. I did go back to giving him some suppliments that I had tried to eliminate. Guess he needs them!
    Susan

www.labmed.org

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

Caleb, you MONKEY!

Trying to keep your mom on her toes, are you??
    Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Open is hard, especially with smart dogs.

We go to class and do open exercises, AND we have equipment at home, and Maddy is near perfect doing the broad jump and down on recall (our 2 difficult areas), but we go to a match or a show, and some bug gets up her butt, and she decides NOT to do something.

Like our big issue in training right now is the recall...She's started refusing the first command, and I have to say it twice...which I know is wrong for me to do.