Entering both rally and obedience again...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Entering both rally and obedience again...

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

DefaultEntering both rally and obedience again...

I am entering in the Southwest Obedience Club of Los Angeles Show in both Rally Novice A and Obedience Novice A on Saturday August 12th. I am hoping that we do as well as our last show and get two more legs. Then on SundayI am entered in another show in just Rally Novice A that could get us out very first tittle ever. (well other than a CGC certificate)
    My dog Amber is a lab that is always one knee slap or one joyous yeah!!! from buzzing the ring then going and buzzing the entire dog show....So if anyone else is going to be there and see's a 15 month old yellow bitch buzzing the show her name is Amber..
    Thanks for everyones support, you people have made my first showing experience alot better and alot of fun..

Kelly G and Amber CGC
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Entering both rally and obedience again...

GREAT!!! It is sooooooooooo exciting getting a new title! Especially that first ever!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Wonderful! Let us know how it goes.

Personally, I love to see dogs that are having fun...even at the handlers expense. I see far too many that mope around the ring afraid of making a mistake, their spirit broken.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Good Luck and have fun!

I think I started training my lab for the wrong reasons. I started training because I had a previous lab that had the training when I got her and I never did anything with her and after she was gone I realized that I should have done better by her, so I wanted to prove to myself that I could train a dog and get a title. But along the way it stopped being about the end result and became about the journey. I have found that I love training my dog and she seems to love any new thing we do or try. From agility to rally to obedience to field work to dock diving To simply hanging out watching TV she seems to love every minute as much as I do.
    I think that I like shows because there are people there that share the same passion for spending time with their dogs as me. (at least in the obedience rally agility and field sections)
    Now it is to the point where I am also proud of how well my dog is doing , I love that feeling of a perfect recall or a perfect run through agility or when she searches for a hard duck to find and doesn't give up but searches harder and then finds it and come racing back with it.

Does life get any better than a perfect afternoon with your dog(s)??

Kelly G and Amber CGC
    Chino Ca
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kzunell

Does life get any better than a perfect afternoon with your dog(s)??
    Nope!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Good luck!

Don't know about you, but when I showed in multiple classes as shows, it frazzled me. I always seemed to be in the ring when I was supposed to be in another ring. I hope you're classes are far apart and you have time to relax.

Bring home a couple more of those green ribbons!!!

My show history so far has been...
    in November 2005 (age 7 months) showed in Obedience novice A on Saturday and made it through everything till the group exercises..(I never did the groups in a formal way so when I placed the leash and number behind her she got up and turned around to see what I was putting down. Then she decided that she wasn't going to lay down without being able to watch those mysterious items.)
    On Sunday of the same show she decided that during the fast off leash that it was time to run and play. we got excused from the groups.
    In January 2006 (age age 8 1/2 months) Showed in Obedience Novice A on Sunday and again got excused because she decided to play keep away from the judge and from me on the stand for exam and then ran circles around me during the fast off leash.
    In June 2006 (age 14 1/2 months) Showed in Obedience Novice A and Rally Novice A on Sunday. Came in first in Obd Nov A with a 196 and First in Rally Nov A with a 94. I was scared to death that she was going to "Pop her cork" and buzz the ring the whole time. Never had I been so nervous about anything than Obedience Novice A. I only entered Rally because I knew it was all on leash and I could get her to qualify in that. I also knew that if I didn't qualify in something I would not want to compete again.
    At least I know that she can do well in Obd Nov A now and I am not as nervous.

Kelly G and Amber CGC
    Chino Ca.

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

After showing all three of my dogs in a Match (OK, not serious stuff here, but still...), I swore I would only do 1 dog at a time from now on. Trying to enter in a trial at the end of August. 1 day is for Rally and 1 day is for obedience...I can do Maddy and no one else and it's here in town. What a relief.

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

It is hectic entering multiple events/dogs. Be sure to alert the ring stewards that you may have a conflict, and keep an eye on how each trial is progressing, and ask to be bumped earlier or later in the line-up if the timing is looking close (especially in Rally they are tolerant)
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast