I had a horrible night (RANT!)

Thread: I had a horrible night (RANT!)

canUdigIt is offline Senior Member

DefaultI had a horrible night (RANT!)

Awful night at obedience class. My little lassie was wonderful and is taking to the dumbells like a lab to water with very impressive figure 8's...she does them on her own and it is very funny!

But the other training people were driving me crazy tonight! We just paid our dues (which made me bitter in the first place $400-/year how much do you pay?) but everyone was totally self involved this week, more so then when there is a show coming up!

The old lady with seven shelties she can't tell apart was giving me pointers on how to teach the drop on recall (which is also coming)...she can't potty train her dogs.

The crazy lady with the mini poodles was exceptionally annoying carrying around her little fluffies because it was too hot for them to heel. The insane super trainer lady with her Irish setters was p.o.'d because her 7 month old puppy fell asleep on the long down and stopped making eye contact and I wanted to reach out and slap her.

The weird guy with the ugly aussies kept running up Ruby's butt and wouldn't leave her alone, picking on how she is looking these days (she's real skinny) and kept saying I shouldn't bring her in public when she is sick or 'does she have mange?' UH yeah, stay back psycho! ( )

So I told my trainer I want to come on a different night (open obviously sucks!) and he said 'Deal with it.'

Bump off and give me my money back is what I wanted to say...

On a happy note, we had run throughs with another guy who trains with us who is an AKC judge and he said he'd be happy to take Ruby to 'Camp Uncle Dan' for the summer...something he did for another person in the Utillity class last year and finished the UDX...so something to think about...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I had a horrible night (RANT!)

Melissa, I'm so sorry the class was so disorganized. Glad Ruby is doing well with her obedience.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

You pay $400 a year to put up with jacka$$e$ like this? Are you nuts

Seriously, there's one or three in every group. Makes me glad I train alone for the most part.

BTW, our club dues are $15.00 a year. The agility club dues are $40.00 year.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

canUdigIt is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    You pay $400 a year to put up with jacka$$e$ like this? Are you nuts

BTW, our club dues are $15.00 a year. The agility club dues are $40.00 year.
    I must be nuta! What do you get for $15/ year? We get to train whenever we feel inside or out, attend any class below where we are training any time (ie. Ruby is trained to Open, we can't join Utillity until she takes that class) I can bring both dogs unlimited, but if I get a new puppy, I pay 1/2 price for the classes he hasn't completed yet, once completed, we can take them again for free.

I really like where I train, the trainer and his wife can be a bit hard, but mostly it is the other people that I enjoy training with, and have developed some very good friendships. Usually I just laugh about the crazies, but today they really bothered me.

I am very lucky to have my Ruby, her littermate is nuts, and inside I laugh my butt off watching his owner struggle with him She is an experienced trainer, he just hits all the right buttons!

I hope to start entering Ruby next spring Novice B...but I want to start Rally soon too, so you never know.

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

The dog club I belong to fees are $25.00/year. And, ya there are the annoying people in the club, butfor the most part they are o.k. For the most part though I do train by myself, and only have to put up with the weirdos once a week. Soory you had such a bad week!
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

Ho boy, what a group!!

And how dare anyone insult Henry's 1/4 great niece!!!! >
    Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

They say there's one in every crowd. Unfortunately it sounds like you've got 5!!!! Bummer. That can't be fun.

At least Ruby is doing well.

$400/yr for unlimited classes sounds like a smokin' deal. Our classes range from $40-85 each for 6 weeks which would be $320-680 for 1 class for the year (2 classes would be $620-1360, etc) but I pay this each session, not in one lump sum.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

What a terrible night, for sure! Not fun! From a trainer/owner's perspective--I do try to keep those types of things under control. Everyone always has advice that is for sure!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

patm is offline Senior Member

I'm sorry! And I actually had a good night on Tuesday. I pay 5 bucks a class, and am not a member yet - I think members pay 20 bucks for membership and 2.50 for classes. Agility classes are a little more.

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Oh my GOSH! Well, your post really had me laughing. What a bunch of fruitcakes!

My friend is a little more advanced at the club than I, and she complains about a lot of the same types of things. People making wise-ass remarks about how her dog looks, or acts, or does his DOR, or whatever. : Idjits. They're just jealous. :P Seriously, people like that are just the types that have to pull everyone else down to make themselves look better. How sad, that that's all they have going for them. I haven't been the target of any snide remarks yet, because I don't think anyone is taking us particularly seriously. I will know that I have arrived when they start directing their comments at me.

We pay $50 a year to be members. Members get a reduced rate of $45 for an 8-week class. If you assist or teach a class, you get a class for free for each one you teach.

I haven't counted it up, but I'm sure I probably spend $400 a year on training...

Let's see, if there are six sessions a year, but I skip summers so that's only five, times two dogs, that's $450. That's if I don't teach/assist anything.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever