Puppy Agility Brag

Thread: Puppy Agility Brag

imported_agilitymom is offline Senior Member

DefaultPuppy Agility Brag

My puppy Modean has been in agility prep the past six weeks. It is for puppies as young as 7 months and all dogs who would like to participate in agiity. I have been working with Modie since we brought him home at ten weeks old. He is the youngest in this class with the next oldest being almost two years old and the oldest at seven years old. Modean loves agility. I picked him for this purpose. He is sometimes unfocused and will run to the obstacle he likes better instead of one of the boring ones. On several occasions he has ran to the teeter and contact trainer before it was ever introduced and shocked the trainer. He performed very well last night and couldn't wait for his turn. It killed him to have to share the teeter with anyone else. During our class there were several people observing. I had never met them. They followed me out to my car and told me that they were "amazed". That Modean was by far the best dog in the class and he was still a puppy. I was so proud of my little yellow devil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Puppy Agility Brag

That is great! They do seem to really enjoy agility!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

debjen is offline Senior Member

That's good...my little guy loves it too..

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Good job. Glad he likes it. Agility is fun. I know my dogs love it and so do I

Jakes Dawn is offline Junior Member

We just started working with a trainer last week (for my benefit more than Jakes' LOL)and at the end of the session she introduced the A frame as a fun reward. He loved it!! Once he got the idea of what we wanted he was going on his own. He also went through the tire by himself while he was running around. This is going to be so much fun. I've never had a dog so smart and eager to work. With the kids pretty much grown its nice to have the freedom to pursue dog adventures. ;D
    Dawn
    Have a great one!<br />Dawn<br /><br />The offer&#039;s still open... John 3:16

patm is offline Senior Member

Sounds like you've got a real winner on your hands. Have fun! I started Emilu in agility, then realized that we needed some obedience training before doing agility. Then I got hooked by the obedience bug and stayed in that area - but would love to do some agility with her at some point. She would like it better than obedience I think - more action!