Rally peeps

Thread: Rally peeps

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRally peeps

How often do they use food in the off-set fig 8 as a distraction? And what kind of food do they use? (canned food?). My dogs have never seen canned food, but the smell might be very tempting to them!

And, if a dog ticks a jump (but doesn't knock it down, or step on it), should I re-do it?

I have two Rally trials this weekend with Kodi and Belle, hopefully Belle will get her RA and first leg of RE, and Kodi her first two RA legs (assuming she does not go into heat...*knocking on wood*)
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Rally peeps

Most of the time I have had either dry biscuits in the bowls or toys. Never seen canned food.

I do believe if they tick the jump without dropping the bar it is just a point or so off and I personally would not re-do.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

For the offset F8, since some dogs are food motivated and others are toy motivated what I've seen is that judges will put food on one side and a toy (or toys) on the other to make it fair for all.* Sometimes the food is cat food or really yummy dog treats.* The bowl is covered with a mesh screen so the dog can't actually see or reach the food though.* As food motivated as Murray is, the toys were always our demon.* He picked up the toy twice in a match until I yelled at him then he slinked around it like it would bite him.* ;D* I worked him so much on this particular exercise that once we got in the actual ring, he avoided all contact with the bowls "I'm not lookin' ma.* Not goin' to look at all."* ;D

Ticking a jump is a 1 pt deduction.* A retry is 3 and you have the chance to knock over the jump for an NQ so no I wouldn't retry a ticked jump. I'm not sure if it passed but I remember a discussion about not allowing retries on the jump at all. You get one chance, you jump clean, tick it or NQ.

If you haven't discovered it already, there is a wonderful Yahoo Rally group that is a great resource for your questions.* Lots of judges are on the board.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Rally-...guid=175570225

<br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

At one trial where I competed, they had moist liver in the dishes and Ruger went for it. Thankfully I was able to call him off. Usually it will be dried kibble or dog biscuits or toys.

If you just tick the jump, don't bother redo it.

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Thanks! I'll check the site out!

I have been working Kodi on "leave it!" and now am trying to get her to heel by them normally (I might have been a bit stern initially, 'cause she wouldn't maintain heel position as we heeled by in training). Toys may well be her demon also. Hope they never have bumpers laid out! (poor Hoss, since we have been working on 'hold' in FF, I have been making him hold his bag of hot dog/or steak treats as we have been heeling around!)
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)