Match Results (with pics)

Thread: Match Results (with pics)

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultMatch Results (with pics)

Well it was... interesting :

Here's what we did in Utility.

Signals -- His heeling was pretty decent, got a little laggy after the about turns. The hand signals... it took me two signals for each. His attention was wandering all over the place (there were conformation rings adjacent to us and lots and lots of noise, very atypical for our usual obedience shows).

Scent Articles, he aced them. I was very proud!

Moving Stand, he did very well, we Q'd on it.

Gloves... he was to take #3. He took #2. I turned my back on him to let him know he was wrong and he dropped the glove about halfway back to me. Judge let us redo it. He took #2 again (it was sitting where he had dropped it, very close to us). Judge picked up #2 and had me do it again.. and this time he ran out and got #3 correctly.

Directed Jumping... I showed him where to go for the 1st go out and he ran fast and turned beautifully... but he didn't take the jump. He headed toward the jump, got a silly assed smile on his face, and veered right up the middle to me. The 2nd go out, he lost all confidence so I had to run out with him, and again he didn't want to do the jump. Judge had us set up so that I was closer to the jump and he did it and earned LOUD cheers and applause from the audience What a goober!

Open B... I have not worked him in Open since we got our title back in the spring. He did everything very well, even that dreaded figure 8... except we NQ'd on the ROHJ. The dumbbell landed smack up against the gating and there was a banner hanging on the gating and he just would not go pick it up. Oh well. Sits and Downs were perfect.

So... we have a LOT of work to still do. The judge told me that she thinks he's doing very well and that I needed a lot of help for ME. She's going to work with us later this fall I really wish we had more matches like this to go to.

Pictured below, Ruger lags a bit after our about turn in the corner..

Here Ruger selected the correct article (the leather one) and heads back...

Here is the 2nd article, (the metal one) he's just run in to sit (not quite sitting yet)

Here he's trying really hard not to move for the Stand for Exam (and he didn't move!!!)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Match Results (with pics)

Sounds like you had a great time. Wish I could have made it out there.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Sounds good for the first match in Utility!!!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Congrats. That's a very respectable showing for a first time out.* Luv the pix. You guys look great. ;D

Is there any reason the judge is waiting until fall to help you?* Are there any other utility handlers in your area that you could train with...even just once in awhile would help you tremendously.* I know the ones in my area are always eager to find training partners, especially people their dogs aren't familiar with.

What helped me most was 1) having someone put me thru the exercises in order with the correct commands and 2) me putting others thru their paces so I had to learn the commands and exercise order myself.* You can also write out the commands on 3x5 cards (1 card per exercise and staple them in order) and have a friend or neighbor read off the commands for each exercise.* My daughter does this for me.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

I'm waiting until fall because it's too stinkin' hot out now. Ruger does not work in this heat, so there's really no point in taking him somewhere only to have him lagging and being draggy and horrible. I'll continue to work with him at home. There are really no indoor places to work here.

Monnie, it was really good practice.

I couldn't believe how nervous I was though. I think because I'd never done Utility before.

patm is offline Senior Member

I love the pics!

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Great picts! Very inspirational!

I sure hope Kodi and Hoss can get to the point of showing in Utility. I am fortunate that there are several club members that have earned OTCH's that teach at our OB club.

Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

debjen is offline Senior Member

Sounds like a good day...nice pics

lcspt is offline Senior Member

What a good start ........ cheering you and Ruger on from MD.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo