aggressive behavior from my lab mix

Thread: aggressive behavior from my lab mix

mom2four is offline Junior Member

Defaultaggressive behavior from my lab mix

Our two year old lab mix has started displaying aggressive behavior toward our four year old lab. She has attacked her several times towards her neck. The first time was about six months ago and the last two times were on Monday and today. Not sure what is causing this. We are not sure what she is mixed with. Our four year old lab is very docile. We rescued our two year old from the pound when she was just four months old.

Our four year old lab has begun to loose hair and want to stay away from her. Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: aggressive behavior from my lab mix

Hire a professional behaviourist before someone gets hurt. I do this for a living and couldn't even start to help you as there is so much information I would need first that is difficult to obtain through a forum. Somebody needs to see the dogs and identify the triggers before a plan can be made.
    Good luck with them, and do follow my advice
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

mom2four is offline Junior Member

Thank you so much! I hate to have to have her put down or get rid of her, but the safety of my family comes first.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

Keep them separated as much as possible for now, and keep all the toys and food bowls picked up and feed them separately until you can find somebody to help you. Dog on dog aggression doesn't mean your dog will have human aggression, so you likely won't have to worry there.
    These things can happen and can get better....find somebody who is qualified though, a behaviourist, not a trainer.
    GOOD luck
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous