First shot at Rally in a week...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First shot at Rally in a week...

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

DefaultFirst shot at Rally in a week...

Maddy is going to try her paw at Rally on 7/15. We did a Rally drop in tonight and did fine, so I am not too worried. Just the jitters for trying something new...hopefully we can get her title this summer. The instructor tricked us by throwing in some Advanced and Excellent signs...so she had me WORRIED!!!! Maddy doesn't like to STAND on command very well...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: First shot at Rally in a week...

Let us know how it goes and good luck!

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

If you are working on the advanced and excellent signs then when you go and do a novice course it will be oh so simple!!! ;D No sweat! You'll do great!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Maddy already has her CD, so I am not worried at all. She is just SOOO stubborn about stand. I have been working on it for a long time, and we got through Novice Obedience because I was allowed to touch her collar, and her belly, which will pop her up. I can only step on her foot so long too. (And that side is the one where she broke a toe, so I am always cringing when I "train" her).

We are going to run our boy through Rally too. He gets to attend drop in next week.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Have fun and enjoy it.

Personally, I dont like Rally. Even though I got an RN on Magnum and took Ruger all the way thru RE, I just dont care for it because I get so NERVOUS. Its like, I cant walk and read and command my dog all at the same time. Id much rather be doing agility or obedience

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

You will do fine in rally because you have a CD.Just remember to walk the course. Of course you will be in the harder novice B group because of the CD so placing might be a bit harder cause you will be with all the experienced handlers/ dogs. I was thinking of holding off on finishing my CD till I had a RA. Plus this will give me a bit more time to practice all the novice things and get Amber really solid. And I know what you mean about the broken toe, Amber broke two toes on her Right front paw when she was just 12 weeks old.
    You will do fine just remember to read the signs and the numbers and remember you can always circle back if you haven't done a station out of order. So if you leave station 12 and are then at 14 circle back and find 13 before you do 14. Or if you just want to line up better with a station circle back around. Accuracy is much better than time in placements.

Kelly G and Amber CGC
    Chino Ca
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

Hmmm...I wondered if I entered in the wrong event then, because I entered in Rally Novice A because we have never done Rally before. I need to read the rules again. Hopefully I didn't mess up! I thought you could do A in all events until you have put a dog through that sport once before. Like I couldn't do any of my other dogs in Novice A since Maddy's been through it. If I got it wrong, hopefully they'll let me move to the other class.

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Hmmm...I wondered if I entered in the wrong event then, because I entered in Rally Novice A because we have never done Rally before.
    My understanding is you would be in the "B" class since you had titled a dog in Obedience. Check with the secretary now and see if they can change your entry. At our show one of our students was entered wrong and they would not do a lateral move for her.

Here is the site for the novice rally rules http://www.akc.org/pdfs/rulebooks/RO2999.pdf
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

Yeah, I just found the rule. You would think the superintendent would catch that since the entry lists her title. Major bummer.

lcspt is offline Senior Member

We told our student to use the oppurtunity as practice with her dog.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast