Name tags?

Thread: Name tags?

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultName tags?

I read in the AKC "obedience show rules" that you can't have anything haning from the dogs collar. How about an ID tag? I have ID tags that thread through their flat collars, but bought Emilu a nice rolled leather collar for shows and hate to take her anywhere without ID on her. Do you guys have ID tags on your show collars?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Name tags?

No, you can't have any tags at ALL on the collars. Be SURE to remove them or you will be asked to leave the ring and you will NQ yourself.

You can have tags on your dog's collar just to go to the show. But when you enter the ring, NO tags.

When I'm travelling with my dogs they wear flat nylon collars with my cell phone # written in magic marker on them. When I get ready to show them, I change their collars when I pull them out of the crate.

lcspt is offline Senior Member

I change Kona's collar as soon as we get to the show grounds. I show in a leather buckle collar (his everday collar is the same unless it's summer and then it's a nylon one). I don't trust my brain to remember to take off the tagged collar before we show!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Most people have their show collars. They train in them and show in them. Caleb has a different collar for breed, obedience and agility. He knows the difference! Make sure to train in the same collar you are going to show in, though. For some dogs they really key in on the difference. Others don't. So, just to make sure I would train her in what ever collar you are going to use in the ring. Make some of your training simulate a show.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

No hanging tags for sure! While there are many NICE judges out there that will warn you before you enter a ring with "illegal" equipment, I wouldn't count on it.

Each of my dogs has a "show" collar, but they are they same variety that we train in public/classes with. (No collars or leashes in home training...for whatever reason). So they are used to corrections (in classes) with those specific collars on.
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

I only have tags on the dogs regular collars and they only wear them when we go on trips or somewhere fun.

I am so bad, I always forget their collars when I go to shows because they aren't supposed to have tags.

What you need to get are collars just for the sport you are doing. I have collars used for hunting training, and for obedience I just use a thin choke.

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

I have seen a couple of different ways to have tags on competition collars Flat leather collars you can have a tag that doesn't hang from the collar by having it rivited to the flat collar. These are usually brass plaque type things and are leagal in AKC obedience competiton. I also have seen a ckoke that had a flat stainless steel plaque welded onto it that layed flat (Think medical ID bracelet) and I saw them compete in it but I would have a spare collar on hand at all times and check with the judge prior to entering the ring at least untill you have had a few rulings by judges. just some thoughts

Kelly G. and Amber CGC
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />