Dumbell fit

Thread: Dumbell fit

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultDumbell fit

How do you think this dumbell fits Hoss? The bar seems a bit thin for his comfort (or at least as I preceive it), but I have a hard time judging it!

and a lip view

and what do you suppose his opinion is of our work tonight on generalizing the "hold" command to whatever I put in his mouth??

Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Dumbell fit

The fit looks good to me.

and what do you suppose his opinion is of our work tonight on generalizing the "hold" command to whatever I put in his mouth??
    From Kona ......... get used to it Hoss. My mom makes me carry my own water at shows and then carry her purchases or water bottle!! ;D
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Looks good from here. You can get one that has a larger dowel but that one does look good.

From Caleb: Yep, I'm with Kona--get use to it! Mom makes me pick up her keys when she drops them. All fine and good until I set off the panic alarm on Dad's van!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Looks good to me too. Ruger's is a little bit smaller than that.

Ruger does not have a good "hold". He will keep something in his mouth if I tell him "stay". But he has never done it for "hold". Your boy is doing great!

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Thanks for your replies! The reason that I wondered about the diameter of the dowl is that he rolls it around more than a thicker dumbell that I have (which is not wide enough for his mouth). Guess that one will do for now, training at least. I prefer plastic dumbells to wooden, 'cause of the chew factor.
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

I prefer the thicker dowel. Buddy twirls the smaller dowel in his mouth, too. I didn't want the judge marking off for excessive playing with the dumbbell. Buddy loses enough points on his own without adding to the red marks. LOL

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie