Hi, my name is Karen and I am a compet-o-holic

Thread: Hi, my name is Karen and I am a compet-o-holic

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultHi, my name is Karen and I am a compet-o-holic

Yikes, I just marked on my calendar the conformation shows, Rally trials and hunt tests that I want to enter July through September.

4 hunt tests (running 4 dogs)
    6 Rally trials (running 3 dogs)
    8 weekends of conformation (means about 35 shows, but "ALL" I want is one win on Hoss for his Grand title and put a UCH on another pup of mine!)
    1 WC test (running 3 dogs)

Anyone know how I can be 150 miles apart at the same time???
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Hi, my name is Karen and I am a compet-o-holic

LOL. I hope you are rich as well

I've slowed down in my showing... mainly due to the rising gas prices. I stay within 2 hours driving time (exception is an agiilty trial I enjoy in Camden which is 3 hours away). I generally only show at two agility trials in the fall, and three in the spring. Obedience trials are 2 in the fall/winter and two in the spring/summer. I just don't show a whole lot... gets expensive and I start to resent losing my weekends (and having to get up so darned early).

Go, have fun, bring home lots of Q's!!!

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Wow that's a lot, especially with multiple dogs.* I was lucky. Last year I was only running one. This time year will be 2 so twice the expenses.

The AZ show season is from mid Sept to mid March.* This last season we competed in:

Between Sept 17 - Dec 17

2 matches
    15 obedience trials
    6 rally trials
    8 agility trials

Between Jan 7 - March 4

1 match
    0 obedience trials
    0 rally trials
    12 agility trials

Wow!* That's a lot too.* I didn't realize we went to so many.* I know I never plan on having any free weekends during show season but when you see the numbers written down like that...Wow.* I sure hope my SU doesn't find out about this. He still thinks shows cost $5.* ;D* I guess I have to join compet-o-holics anonymous too.

<br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

canUdigIt is offline Senior Member

We're breaking a bit this summer, hoping to do some UKC conformation shows maybe...let me know where you'll be, we can meet up somewhere in that 150 miles!

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

I totally understand--I have been showing at least one day each weekend since May between showing in breed and obedience (have not done any Rally for a while)! I am off this weekend but was at a Specialty Thursday and Friday. Caleb is pooped! I know about wanting to be two places at once--the weekend of the All-Star is the same weekend of a huge show in my area that is always, always majors. Oh well. We won't be there!!!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org