Well, it was a learning day in agility-land...

Thread: Well, it was a learning day in agility-land...

kaytris is offline Senior Member

DefaultWell, it was a learning day in agility-land...

we're making progress, but Chinook has a charming new stress-release. He was wandering around and sniffing when he got overwhelmed, but now that it isn't exciting enough. He would rather pee on the ring fence posts.

So two 'thank you's" and two eleminations. BUT, he did very well up till the marking incidents - he went off course in the jumpers but I was able to get him back and finish the course, but as I went to gather his leash, he peed on the exit post. E number one.

The standard run, we were running beautifully the first half - but he ran past the weaves once, and I pulled him back to repeat them. He missed the entry but did the rest correctly, so I continued on - the following jump was positioned right at the ring edge, and I had to call him back immediately for the next obstacle - he didn't like my tone of voice, or whatever - he went for a wander instead, then a pee. Time to go.

So, not too bad for our first AAC day. It was an incredibly hot muggy day, and there was a huge gap between our classes. That might have been a factor too. We did have fun too, most importantly.

Important note to all agility folks - never volunteer as leash runner for the last class of the day, a huge masters jumpers class that covers 160 + yards and runs VERY fast. So fast that by the time I picked up the leash at the entry and walked to the exit, the dog was often done. Time to repeat. and repeat. 30 some times. Like I don't walk enough in my line of work

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Well, it was a learning day in agility-land...

Bummer about the "eliminations" (pun intended )...at least you had fun. How long has Chinook been running agility?
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

kaytris is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Well, it was a learning day in agility-land...

He's been in training with his owner for the past 3 years, and taking classes with me since January. This is our second trial.