I think she might be getting it! (cross fingers, knock wood)

Thread: I think she might be getting it! (cross fingers, knock wood)

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultI think she might be getting it! (cross fingers, knock wood)

You know we have been having trouble with Emilu's "recall", she is very slow, and hesistant at times, usually sloppy about it. I tried lots of different things with varying, but not good enough success. So I started saying "vamos" instead of come. I reinforce this command in the woods, or anywhere that she starts running towards me - I just keep repeating "vamos Emilu -vamos!" then praise her when she gets to me - only if she runs the whole time.* So during "lessons" she has been much, much better. I can just make "vamos" sound so much cheerier than "come." I am also starting to put on her "show collar" when we train, so she starts associating it with performing well. Next will be to wean her from always using the prong. I have to get away from depending on the prong if we are going to show. Also need to get much better at off leash heeling. That's why I want to do some rally competition - we need to get going with this!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I think she might be getting it! (cross fingers, knock wood)

Sounds like you are headed in the right direction!

I think AKC did a great thing by introducing Rally and making it a titling event. Not only for the oldsters, but for the youngsters getting used to the ring situation. I am going to compete at RE or RAE (what the heck, it's only money....cough cough) with the pupsters as long as needed until the off leash and no extra cues performance is perfected.
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

kassabella is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I think she might be getting it! (cross fingers, knock wood)

Fingers crossed for you.

What a clever idea to change the word.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/