Rally question...

Thread: Rally question...

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRally question...

Hi all!

I have a question about legs for AKC rally.

Here in Canada, you start with 200 and anything over 170 counts as a qualifying leg. In order to title, you need three qualifying legs under 2 different judges.

Is AKC rally out of 100? What counts as a qualifying leg? Are the titling requirements the same (3 legs under 2 judges)??

Thanks, in advance!

Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Rally question...

Yes, 70, and yes. ;D

In AKC you must have a score of 70 out of a possible 100 to Q and have 3 Qs under 2 different judges. I'm not sure if the rally exercises are performed the same between AKC and UKC though so you'll want to check on that. I know ADPT rally is very different (similar exercises performed differently and they even allow treats in ring).
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

Thanks Lydia!

I have Bud Kramer's rally book that has the AKC exercises in it. They're pretty much the same, though some exercises are called different names (AKC serpentine is our "weave once"). I'm happy to see no pivots in novice!!! ;D

So AKC doesn't allow food in the ring, right? Not even for novice? Thanks!
    We have the option of food, but it has to be out of sight, and not fed to the dog until after the exercise is completed, and can't impede the flow of the course at all.

Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Bud's book is much closer to what ADPT uses.* AKC is significantly different and Bud has written several articles in Front & Finish about why he does not like the current AKC rally (feels it is too strict and too different from its original intent).

Go to the AKC website and read the descriptions for the exercises (http://www.akc.org).*

Also go to the Yahoo Rally group website where you can get further clarification by asking questions to actual AKC judges.* Give me one second to find the link and I'll be back.

OK...I'm back.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Rally-obed is the forum

click on "Files" to see a number of useful documents. Specifically look for...

- rally exercises to compare.doc (this shows like exercises together so you can note differences in signs and execution)
    - Rally Signs Instruction.doc (this explains in detail how each AKC exercise is performed)

In files, click on Comparisons for more files which explain the differences between venuse.

- EXERCISEDIFFERENCES.doc (explains the difference between Rally O and AKC)
    - ComareAllExercises (explains the difference between AKC, ADPT, and several other orgs).

You'll find lots of great info in the files section including explanations of deductions and even practice courses.

<br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

Just wanted to say thank, Lydia, for all that great information!

Yes! Thanks, Lydia!! ;D