First Rally show
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Rally show

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

DefaultFirst Rally show

Hi everyone just signed up cause I need a little moral support for my first Rally show entry. I am also going to be competing in Novice A Obedience at the same time. I have competed in Obedience NA a couple of times so far but haven't gotten my first leg yet. (I tried way before I was ready) So I hope to do better at the Long Beach Show on June 25th. lol nothing like trying to do two things at once at a dog show. Well thanks for a great site and please wish me luck I think I will need it..
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: First Rally show

Good luck and most of all have fun with your dog. Remember to breath!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Hope you do well!! Remember to breath!!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kzunell
    So I hope to do better at the Long Beach Show on June 25th.* lol nothing like trying to do two things at once at a dog show. Welthanks for a great site and please wish me luck I think I will need it..
    Hey, I'll be at the Long Beach show (Beverly Hills KC, right?), and so will most of the other members of our local lab club due to that being our "official" end of handling classes for the summer- we're hoping to pull majors in labs at the show in conformation, and I spoke with some members of LRCSC as well (I'm a new member in that club, too) this past weekend at the Pasadena show, and they're going to put the word out.* So, it should be a pretty lab-filled weekend!*

Unfortunately, I haven't entered Libby, who is my Novice A obedience/rally dog- she got her first leg in rally this past weekend in Pasadena, and man was it ever hot!* Make sure you bring a water spray bottle to help cool your dog down.* I think the Long Beach show is at El Dorado park, which is filled with huge mature trees and should have lots of shade, but still...the easiest way to lose Libby in a class is by having her hot and unmotivated.* I found that out in Pasadena.* * No more summertime shows for her unless they're guaranteed to be cool!* LOL

Good luck, and definitely look us up in Long Beach if you get a chance, okay?* * Send me a PM if you get a chance and I'll give you more specifics.*

I agree- remember to breathe, wear comfortable shoes, and bring Altoids/breath mints to keep your dog from picking up on your nervousness during your class (they pick up on stress pheromones on our breathe, supposedly- I can vouch for the mints trick, though!* It works!).*

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

patm is offline Senior Member

Good Luck! How exciting! Seems like I have been training Emilu forever now, and we haven't entered anything yet. I am going to pick a rally show soon and just sign up so we have to get ready and go for it!

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

Good luck and have fun!! ;D
    Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Good Luck! and ENJOY!
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Good luck! Remembering to breathe is the best advice anyone can give.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

Dang just a week to go the pressure builds. I think I have finally convinced Amber that on the recall she doesn't need to run into me at full speed and bounce back into a sit position. Now she just runs straight to me and puts on the brakes and stabs me with her nose. (I didn't know that a nose could be used to stab but she manages I just keep hoping that she doesn't hit any vital male anatomy on me each time she does that probably saving it for the ring with a full crowd at hand..) I need to work on the stand some more. ohh well off to work the dog.
    Thanks for all the well wishes it does help. ...Hmm I wonder what I would need to get HIT...ahh dreams...lol

Kelly
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kzunell
    * Now she just runs straight to me and puts on the brakes and stabs me with her nose. (I didn't know that a nose could be used to stab but she manages I just keep hoping that she doesn't hit any vital male anatomy on me each time she does that probably saving it for the ring with a full crowd at hand..)*
    Haha! That made me laugh. You are probably right...she's saving one good poke for the ring. You might want to consider wearing a cup ;D

You can stop her from doing this but it can be a trade off for the really close front. As she comes barreling into you just slightly (very slightly) bend your knees so she contacts your knees first instead of your crotch. You have to be careful not to hurt or scare her when doing this or you'll end up with a dog that sits further away so like I said, it's a trade off.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast