What to do when Henery puts on the brakes in the middle of a rally station?

Thread: What to do when Henery puts on the brakes in the middle of a rally station?

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultWhat to do when Henery puts on the brakes in the middle of a rally station?

Hi everyone!!*

I'm hoping to pick your trainer-brains! We just got back from Henery's 2nd rally trial (https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...ic,7186.0.html).

We NQ'ed the first run (my fault... I entered the weave pylons on the WRONG side!! DUH!), and then during the halt-1,2,3 steps forward station in the 2nd run, Henery halted... for good. LOL!!

He knows this exercise cold. No amount of coaxing, leg slapping, happy dancing etc could get him going, he put the brakes on. I even tried to redo the station, but to no avail.

We did finish the rest of the course with no problem.

Any thoughts as to how to get him moving if this happens again?? Thanks, in advance!*

Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: What to do when Henery puts on the brakes in the middle of a rally station?

As you walk away from the station to restart try turning into him and telling him to heel ........ the idea is to get him working and thinking again and then reapproach the station.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: What to do when Henery puts on the brakes in the middle of a rally station?

Thanks Linda! I hope he doesn't do this again, but if he does, I'll know now what to do!!
    Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

You can also try revving him up with a favourite phrase such as "where's your frisbee" or "ooooh, we're gonna get cookies soon", or whatever really perks him up. Try these phrases outside the ring and save them for these moments
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous