We failed!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We failed!

lab addict is offline Senior Member

DefaultWe failed!

Teddy had her test 2 for tracking today.....unfortuantly our track had the remains of a sheep about 30 meters from the start(in the opposite direction to the track) and I was unable to get her on the track, as she was determinded to taste some stinky rotting carcase! After what seem like an eternity the judge called us back and directed us to the track and Teddy switched on and did a great track, even going over bits of another dead sheep without stopping for a snack..
    Although we failed but I am very happy with T as once she did start she was so focused and did her best track ever...map tracking, apparently.

The judge later told me T was the best dog he had that day(once she started lol)and that she is very capable of getting a tracking championship (which is about 5 tests away) and not to be disheartened over not passing. Yes we failed but comments like these made me so proud and happy!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: We failed!

She'll get there Kirsten.

Laura

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

You and Teddy will get there! It sounds like Teddy is very talented. Do all of the passes need to come within the same year? (or was that someone else?)

That's a difficult distraction, Mutton mush, to over come!
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Hang in there. Sounds like Teddy will be able to do it in the future.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

Thanks eveyone......I know she will get there Although a little dissapointed I am overjoyed at the way she tracked and at the judges comments.

The passes do not need to all come in the same year.....the tracking season is only quite short and they often receive so many entries that they have to do a ballot and not everyone gets a place in the trial.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

It is so hard to "fail." Sorry she didn't do it. It will come!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Sorry she didn't pass. Comments like those are what got me through the out-of-sight in Open obedience with Buddy.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Oh darn. Too bad she didn't pass.

Now what were they thinking laying a trail near dead animals? Is that normal? That seems a little unfair.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

BTW, I don't consider this a failure. You just didn't pass. The event is never a failure if you learn something.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

Now what were they thinking laying a trail near dead animals? Is that normal? That seems a little unfair.
    I think it is pretty normal, most places have limited land for tracks so if you happen to have a track with a dead animal on it it is bad luck!

BTW, I don't consider this a failure. You just didn't pass. The event is never a failure if you learn something
    You are right, I did learn alot and really could not be happier with T. I just look at it as a very expensive training session ;D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast