Video for the agility fans: how would your dog (or you) react? (Xpost from O&E)

Thread: Video for the agility fans: how would your dog (or you) react? (Xpost from O&E)

kaytris is offline Senior Member

DefaultVideo for the agility fans: how would your dog (or you) react? (Xpost from O&E)

http://www.spritebelgians.com/images/soja/soja-stp.html

GOOD dog, Soja! That could have ended up so ugly...belgians aren't always the most dog-friendly breed.

Really, really impressive handling as well.. before and after the loose dog..

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Video for the agility fans: how would your dog (or you) react? (Xpost from O&E)

Unfortunately that happens a lot more than we would like. Agility vision has a video of an AZ team that had a BC join the Poodle's run. That one worked out well. They don't always work out that well though.

My trainer's Belgian Mal was viciously attacked by an Australian Shepherd who went into the opposite end of the tunnel after her during a run. They got into a nasty dog fight. Both dogs were disqualified for the day (which I think is complete BS since the Mal was only protecting herself) and the Aussie has since been banned from all competition. My trainer is lucky that the event didn't scar her dog for life. The Aussie had attacked other dogs before. The whole situation wouldn't have happened if there were ring gates around the rings to prevent dogs from running from ring to ring and/or the Aussie had been banned after the first offense.

<br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Video for the agility fans: how would your dog (or you) react? (Xpost from O&E)

I am so impressed with the dog running the course and the handler. My first thought would have been to get my dog close to me instead of completing the run. Perhaps keeping that dog working kept him from noticing or stressing over the other dog.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

gocamping is offline Senior Member

Wow! I never would have even thought about that. Good job by the dog and handler.