Week two at obedience with Tugg

Thread: Week two at obedience with Tugg

Mooselady is offline Senior Member

DefaultWeek two at obedience with Tugg

Well, as I posted last week they divided huge class into two so there are 13 dogs in the group now and two instructors. I am not convinced this is going to be a great class but I've paid and it's nonrefundable so am going to get all I can from the time. The main instructor seems to be more a "barker" than a helper. Yelled at the other instructor to get things moving, get set up, etc and then chastised the class for starting late - we were all there and ready he was the one who wasn't! We started with heel (in a large circle), right hand turns, sit (when we stopped heeling) and a short stay. Tugg did fairly well, it was hard with all the dogs in close quarters but the distraction is good for him. The female assistant did walk around with us and offer support, suggestion and help - the guy just stood in the middle......All in all I'm disappointed but like I said I will take what I can get from the class and use it along with tips I get from JL's. We will work on the lessons and trying to get him to focus on me and not the world around him. Thanks for letting me complain and gripe! :-\
    <br /><br /><br />&quot;Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole.&quot;&nbsp; Roger Caras

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_bacatherine is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Week two at obedience with Tugg

Sorry to hear your dissapointed unfortunately it happens with some classes. Just take it with a grain of salt and try to get the most out of it as you can.
    Good luck
    <br />Barbara, Mocha, Zeus, &amp; Smeagol

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Sorry the class still isn't what you expected but you have the right attitude to learn what you can from these classes. Have you checked into other trainers in your area? You can do a search on the AKC website along with the APDT site.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

You can also search the National Association of Dog Obedience Instructor's web site as well. Don't be afraid to go and watch classes and met the instructors. Great attitude! Sorry it is a disapointment.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

gocamping is offline Senior Member

Sorry, the class isn't what you expected. I have experienced that too. I am searching the area for a good CGC. That is my New Years Resolution. We shall see.