Great day stewarding

Thread: Great day stewarding

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultGreat day stewarding

I had a great day stewarding for our club's point show in Rally. This is the first time we have had rally and I was the table steward. The timer steward and I were close to the ring and learned so much from our judge and watching the other handlers with their dogs.

I got to use a friend's lab puppy in excellant for the honor dog and then ran her through the course (on leash) at the end, for the last dog's honor. Tomorrow I am taking Kona and will use him for the excellant class. The judge said what a perfect oppurtunity to practice with your dog and I couldn't agree with her more!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Great day stewarding

What fun...want to come steward at our show..LOL..I'm obedience chair and could still use a couple of stewards..*G*

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Stewarding in Rally is a lot of fun.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

How neat!!!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

patm is offline Senior Member

Sounds fun! It also is a great way to learn things.

lcspt is offline Senior Member

What fun...want to come steward at our show..LOL..I'm obedience chair and could still use a couple of stewards..*G*
    Debbie, funny you should ask (and if I were close enough I might do it) because a lady from Philadelphia's Rally trial needs stewards on May 13th and she asked for volunteers today. I hope to be showing in Excellant that day (if I got my entry in before it filled) and after I'm done I will steward for them.

I ran Kona in excellant this morning ........... he was very enthusiastic and had a great time (the judge thought he was 2 yo instead of almost 5 yo .... she hadn't seen him close up to see all his gray hair and was going by how he acted!!* ;D). We would have Q'ed if it were for real. The judge was getting people on the backward 3 step ........... not because of the dog's positon and way of getting back but for the handlers taking 4 steps instead of three (which I did also!).

All in all a great weekend for the show. It was sunny with good temps for the dogs and people.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo