'Disobedience'

Thread: 'Disobedience'

canUdigIt is offline Senior Member

Default'Disobedience'

Brought 5 year old Rhys to class last night as Ruby is in heat, and all I can say is "THAT IS WHY YOU DON'T GET TO GO TO CLASS ANYMORE.'

He was so bad! This is my CD boy who decided that obedience isn't very much fun, so makes his own.

We bring goodies to class if we have a good weekend at the trials, and someone brought pizza. On out of sight down, someone decided he wanted pizza. No names necessary!

He is so embarassing, its funny because they all know he is more then capable, he just doesn't apply himself. When he is ON he is ON like the break of dawn, but when he doesn't feel like it...watch out!

Better luck next week, we are going to try for our CDX before the end of the year that was our new years resolution. Wish me luck, and patience!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: 'Disobedience'

Inquiring minds want to know... did he get the pizza ;D ;D ;D

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

~gasp~ You mean the pizza WASN'T meant for the dogs?*

Unfortunately I know exactly how you feel.* Murray did that to me too...except it was in an actual trial!*

It was at an agility trial where the workers had all eaten their boxed lunches and piled them in and around a garbage can that was right up against the Novice ring (remember no baby gates out here, just rebar and surveryors tape).* Murray topped the A-frame, spied the stash and dove in head first, gobbling as much as he could as fast as he could.* The crowd roared with laughter as I tried to physically pull him away from the feast while he binged on half eaten sandwiches and cookies.* I was POd to say the least but I can laugh about my "stomach on 4 legs" now.

What was more embarassing was the following weekend at another trial another yellow Lab devoured the goodies at the worker table.* Everyone assumed it was Murray.* *:-[* I told them no, he was on a diet.

Murray says "Rhys, you're my hero. Keep your mom on her toes, ok?
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Well, if you'd feed the boy every now and then, he wouldn't have to steal pizza. He's a riot.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

canUdigIt is offline Senior Member

He got two the box off the table before I could reappear from the room we were in, and was working on opening the box, later though, when we were eating, he was in a down stay while Joan the instructors wife said 'Here' and handed me the pizza. Before it could reach me, Rhys snatched it from her! She was amazed with his precision, not even touching her hand!

I said 'With all due respect, we say HERE when we give him treats, so he knows not to snatch until we say HERE' which means for him, its for him, he was forgiven for that. So he was just good for a laugh!

The novices loved it, even a trained dog is an A$$ sometimes LOL

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

It can be sooooooooooooooo embarassing, but you are right, the novice people love it! I know--get him his own pizza for class! Now, Caleb would have stayed but he would have had those slim buggers going that would have grossed everyone out so they could not eat and he'd get it!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

imported_MilesMom is offline Senior Member

Great stories! One of the things I love about labs is that they just, are who they are and they don't get embarrassed.
    <br /><br />Grand River Run Genaration &quot;Miles&quot;&nbsp; CGC RN, RL1, RL2, RA, CW-SR, C-OB1, RL1X, RL3, RE

gocamping is offline Senior Member

I don't post very often, but read here everyday. This thread makes me feel so good. I love knowing that even a trained dog can act up. lol At Easter Riley, was the best dog at my sister's during dinner. We have big time trouble with her front feet leaving the ground. She likes to jump on visitors and counter surf!

For Easter, I was checking her tongue to make sure we weren't exchanged along the way. Now, if I can just find that perfect sport for jumping? Hmmm...how about dock diving? That will be hard in Pittsburgh!

Anyway, I love how carefree she is. She is the best dog ever. If you survive the greeting, then you have it made. We are really working on no attention until the butt hits the floor. I read Cesar's book and I learned me giving the correction of off was still attention. So, we are back to turning our backs or just moving through the house until she sits. I give one positive command for the negative. "SIT". When it happens reward, reward. Do you all think this is the best way to get through?

I have tried the sit at the door, no luck. We are diligently working on the sit/stay and building time. Once this is guaranteed, this will be the answer. What can we say, she just loves everyone!

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by rottnlabs
    Murray topped the A-frame, spied the stash and dove in head first, gobbling as much as he could as fast as he could.*
    I'm sorry, but BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

That is Theo 102%. It's amazing how quickly the ADD kicks in, isn't it?