National Championship agility people

Thread: National Championship agility people

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultNational Championship agility people

are not happy..

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=AXk1e0NgUGc

I don't know about other clubs but our agility trial brings in a lot more money to the club than our all breed conformation and obedience show but even in our club we are club we are treated as 2nd best..

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Amber The Duck Dawg is offline Senior Member

The National Championship is held in summer That was a video shot of the AKC Invitational last weekend at Long Beach. The Forecast for at least a week before said rain was coming that weekend. There were alot of people that just crated their dogs inside people at the meet the breed booths were delighted to have champions join their booths in the nice warm dry areas. We had a crating room insidethe building that wasn't full. Everyone was told well in advance that the event would be in tents in the parking lot. There were 20 othe porta potties on the other side of the tent. People were allowed to go inside the building and use those restrooms either at the inside resteraunts or the main hall etc..
    The AKC had people come in on Saturday and place pallets under every crate in the agility crating tent, so that Sunday morning the agility competitors came in to find that already done. It rained on Friday bot not much. Saturday morning it really rained hard by afternoon it had stopped. Sunday was a really nice day.
    It was 500 feet from the agility tent to the entrance
    300 feet from the entrance to conformation
    900 feet from the entrance to Obedience and Meet the Breed.

They provided plastic trash bags and also had 40 loaner umbrellas for agility (they were stollen by people there in short order).

They did consider not having agility at this event this year because of the 125th conformation "party" and the lack of available space but went ahead and tried anyway.

Were things perfect? No! Did dogs have a good surface and fun courses to run on? Yes!

Dock diving had it even worse! no tents and crating was outside! We Competed anyway and no one there complained because we are just happy to have a chance to compete.

One advantage of the tents being used People with RV's were right next to the Agility rings! Kind of nice to be able to crate your dog in your RV.

Kelly
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    HR Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami SH "Wave" born 3-9-2010
    Greenwoods Amber Wave VCD2 RA SH AX OF WCX CGC "Amber" born 4-13-2005
    Chino Ca

debjen is offline Senior Member

You are correct on the name I tried to go in and change it after I posted but it wouldn't let me.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I think the majority of agility folks probably weren't too upset with this as we've all competed in these conditions. I've gotten soaked many a day at trials, as have my dogs.

The performance events will ALWAYS be 2nd fiddle to the AKC conformation. That's just the way it is, and it's not going to change anytime soon.

Congrats to all the agility folks who competed and brought home Q's!