It has been soooooooooo cold

Thread: It has been soooooooooo cold

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultIt has been soooooooooo cold

that the dogs don't even want to stay outside very long probably in the single digits by the time I get home from work and lows have been in the negative numbers...they canceled all of our classes since last saturday and this saturday is still pending tho it suppose to warm up to freezing..*G*..and then we get a 20-40% chance of snow so who knows if we'll have class...The doggies and I are going stir crazy..tho they've been better than I thought they would be..even Flyer has just been curling up on my lap or the heat vent.. after one good chase and wrestle seesion usually with Cedar....LOL.. it wouldn't be so bad but the days have been blue sky and sunny and it looks wonderful outside you just can't stand to be out in it very long.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

It was very cold here for a few days. The dogs loved playing in the snow but this morning 2 of them were holding up their paws....freezing feet.

Mine like to play in the snow too but it's been too cold to snow..LOL..we'll see if we get some this weekend..

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Felix is offline Senior Member

Mostly Labradors dont get it cold with those tempratures. But, the can get it cold if they dont stay on the move

Other dogs with mostly a single coat, often getting it verry cold, and can get sick of it

Usually my dogs don't mind the cold at all and in fact like the cold..but right now it's even too cold for them.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Brrr, you can keep it!
    Glad you are all inside and snuggled warm

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Hershey has never hesitated with the cold before this year. Never indicated issues with her paws, and we have been out at the DP when it was -20 F.

For whatever reason this recent cold snap came on quick, with the snow. single digits to a few degrees below 0 F. She was lifting paws and licking, sitting and not moving. Today, it got up to 20 F and she was out there running around having a great time. Maybe it was just the sudden drop without any conditioning. Maybe there is a limit to what she can take around +10 F. I wil be watching her closely now, and ordering a set of those booties for $10 just in case.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Amber The Duck Dawg is offline Senior Member

It has been really cold here also, its gotten down to almost freezing at night and barely in the mid 60's during the day. We are having a series of rain storms coming thru this weekend which is really a bummer for the AKC Invitational. Agility is going to be outside in a tent, obedience is inside at least as is conformation. And most importantly Meet the Breeds is inside so I will be out of the rain this weekend (I am working the Lab Booth) Potty breaks for Amber might be a bit wet though.

Kelly
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    HR Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami SH "Wave" born 3-9-2010
    Greenwoods Amber Wave VCD2 RA SH AX OF WCX CGC "Amber" born 4-13-2005
    Chino Ca

Yeah just talked to a friend..another friend is at the invitational in agility and they are not happy..Crates are getting flooded...sounds like AKC is going to be getting some unhappy letters.

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

It has been colder here too but it has been the wind that kept us in. Kept me and my dog in for a few days. Not because of him, because of me. I hate the wind.

I take him out running every morning 3-5 miles 4 -5 times per week. Didn't go this week and he was getting antsy. Yesterday, we finally went. We meet a friend and her chocolate lab. We got there first and Miles was crying while we were waiting. He was so anxious to go! As for the cold bothering him, I've not noticed that until the mercury drops beow 0. I do put mushers wax on his feet when it drops into single digits or if we have to run on the road where there is salt and cinders.

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1