"Around The World" scent article training

Thread: "Around The World" scent article training

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Default"Around The World" scent article training

Hi all! Someone here e-mailed me (probably 7-8 years ago?) a concise copy of the "around the world" method of scent article training and I can't find it anywhere. Searching through Google online isn't proving to be very helpful.... Does anyone here use that method? If so, do you happen to have a copy of the written directions for training it? What other methods have you used? I just heard from someone who is quite successful in the obedience ring that she used clicker training with her last dog and within a week that dog was really consistent!

Thanks a ton, Julie

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Janice Demello ? It's called "Around the Clock", if so. I have a copy here that I believe I downloaded from the net but not sure now. Are you on any of the Facebook competition obed sites Julie? Balanced Obedience or Competition Obedience folks would probably have links. I think there is a new page too since there have been a few "training wars" on the one.
    Anne

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

Yes, thank you! I can only seem to find links to the DVD to rent.... If you find it, let me know! I'm on one of the obedience groups I think. I'll ask there. Which groups do you prefer?

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Ya, it is Around The Clock, and as far as i have been able to find, you can not find a 'free' online version. It is sold as a DVD though from Janice. I do have a written version though, not 100% the same, (i do not use a leash, nor leash pops). I do find this method extremely effective, and highly recommend it. If I can dig it up, (and I need to find it to start working on Journey and Flint), let me know and I can send you a copy.

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

Thank you!!! I would love the written version!!! My e-mail is [email protected] Thank you, thank you, thank you!